Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hull v Derby tonight

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Can't wait for the Derby (A) game now. As for Sky.....pitiful. Yet again references to ourselves is patronising, no wonder so many (allegedly) use nefarious other routes to access their streams rather than pay large amounts of cash. Not me obviously.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The one consolation about this is that we play Derby in a couple of weeks so it is down to us to perform and not rely on other results..

Our chance to smash them. They hardly won a game after we beat them 2-0 last season. Let's hope the same thing happens!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Back on top tomorrow if we win.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Win tomorrow and we're two points clear, regardless of other results. We can still take 6 points off of Derby. ****ing game on.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought since the start of the season that Derby have- by some distance- the best squad on paper at this level. Lots of quality even before last summer, which they seemed to add to wisely with Premier League experience from the likes of Weimann. Also have Thorne (I think it's Thorne) back from a long term injury which must be like having a new player.

Inevitably took time for them to get used to the new manager, but they could easily smash this league.

Yes, where I am. I really think they will be the team to beat.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Really looking forward to going up to derby to take three points off them, whoop whoop

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Journeymen, the lot.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's good and bad - as it always was gonna be. We'll know ore in a few months - deletebeepbeep negative again? Surely not....

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Maybe I'm watching a different game. Yeah, Derby look solid and some pretty triangles...but Hull are really off the boil. Sloppy goals to give away and the referee is a blatant cheat. Shot from Maloney obviously saved by Carson so he gives a goal kick? Some one has slipped him a back hander.
Ok, I know I absolutely loath Derby and probably want every team in the land(bar one) to beat them, but it looks like the tigers are choking on mutton

That is what happens when the team is rearranged without a proper left back. Bruce cocked it up first half.

Both teams looked both quite good and both just about beatable. Derby looked to have a strong squad but neither Christie (second half) or Warnock (reserve left back) looked as good as expected.

But it looks like we will be playing Derby again without a proper left back (which caused all the problems before).

SomeDerbyFan

May 3, 2014
I'd like to congratulate you on being the surprise package this season, you'll get a lot of people writing you off like they wrote off Burnley and Bournemouth, but I think you've got what it takes. Unfortunately (unless James Wilson come up good) you don't have a Danny Ings/Callum Wilson figure to guarantee you spawny goals you probably would get without a massively in-form striker, so I think it'll be play-off's.

Think really it's us and Hull who are the solid bets for automatics, Boro have an air of McClaren collapsibility about them, Burnley are over reliant on Gray's form and I'm backing you lot for the play-off's. I heard Bobby Zamora's a good player to have in a play-off final :whistle:

I think we'll probably beat you at our place, but I also thought we'd beat Forest, so who really trusts me?

Good luck for the rest of the season :banana:

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
I'd like to congratulate you on being the surprise package this season, you'll get a lot of people writing you off like they wrote off Burnley and Bournemouth, but I think you've got what it takes. Unfortunately (unless James Wilson come up good) you don't have a Danny Ings/Callum Wilson figure to guarantee you spawny goals you probably would get without a massively in-form striker, so I think it'll be play-off's.

Think really it's us and Hull who are the solid bets for automatics, Boro have an air of McClaren collapsibility about them, Burnley are over reliant on Gray's form and I'm backing you lot for the play-off's. I heard Bobby Zamora's a good player to have in a play-off final :whistle:

I think we'll probably beat you at our place, but I also thought we'd beat Forest, so who really trusts me?

Good luck for the rest of the season :banana:
I dont think there are any solid bets in the championship these days, you've got the strongest squad but are just a Martin injury away from a potential collapse, Middlesbrough may go back in for Rhodes at silly money, we are coping relatively well with injuries to our form players like Lua-Lua and Bong something Hull couldn't do last night, maybe the stronger team ethic and low expectations may help us in the long term, unlikely to get automatic but the gap to 7th place is decent and we are definately in the leading pack and deservedly so and from there everyone has a chance.

Crewton Ram

Jan 10, 2013
Journeymen, the lot.

I think Hendrick, Christie, Thorne, Ince and Weimann are a bit young to be classed as journeymen just yet, but as teams full of journeymen have managed to get the likes of Blackpool promoted in recent seasons, I don't think it's exactly an insult.

Tough game for you today against one of the best away teams in the division. A win would set you up nicely for the Christmas run in. Wilson should be a good signing though, as we also know, getting a highly rated Manchester United youngster on loan doesn't always make you a better team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here