Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rajiv van La Parra [on loan from Wolves until 2nd January]

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's only for a month. May or may not work out, but either way we've got nothing to lose except a few weeks (probably not astronomical) wages.

It is until January 2nd but we play Wolves on Jan 1st and as it stands he cant play but if he proved to be an asset we could sign him permenantly or extend the loan on the 2nd.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=95474

Wolves fans seem split on whether he has talent, but all seem to agree that he has pace. He had a fairly good game running at our defence at The Amex last year. In KLL's absence CH presumably sees him as someone who has the ability to challenge or sub on for March and Murphy. Both seem to tire late on. Murphy faded in the second half on Saturday, but we had nobody to bring on in his place. Having somebody on the bench with pace in this kind of position could be very useful against tiring defenders. We all know that its about fine margins in this division and this seems like a fairly risk free gamble from CH to try to turn things in our favour.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Seems the Wolves fans are not that enamoured with him but agree he has pace without an end product, a bit like one Craig Noone when he left us. That can be worked on though. Looks like a decent signing.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
In Chris we trust. If he thinks this lad will add something...

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
I don't think being disappointed with a signing is questioning the manager who is limited by what is available, but with us riding high at the top, it is slightly underwhelming to find the only option we have is a player who can't get in the Wolves side. Since we got to the Amex, I can't really think of a short term loan that's had anything like a really positive impact – and we do kind of need a positive impact right now.

Perhaps he is just cover basically to get us through to January, which is fine. For all you know Hughton might be just as underwhelmed that this is the only player he can bring in until January. Who knows.

Lets hope that a bit of time away from his parent club lights his fire!

Craig Conway was positive - played in in shite technical setup.
Darren Bent was positive - played in a shite technical set up.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Remember that bloke Palace signed, a winger who was in and out of the squad at Bristol City? Yannick somebody or other.

"No end product", the City fans said. "All pace but has no idea what to do with it". "We won't miss him". Then the Palace fans. "Some lower league journeyman winger who can't even get in Bristol City's team?". "Bristol City? They're even shitter than us. Zzzzzzz". "Massively underwhelming". Etc.

Anyone know what happened to him?

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
I hope you're right. I missed all the early games and have only seen him over the last 6 weeks or so and have not been at all impressed. I gather he started the season well though, so maybe the real Hemed is not the rather disappointing player that I have been watching.

Technically, he is good, can use both feet and his head....maybe been found out at champ level and needs to adapt. I have watched and seen him play, and always came away thinking he has something. But i clean sh*t for a living, so what do i know?

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Hemed has been rubbish since he missed the penalty against Wolves, he is a 1 goal in 12 chances striker (which is generous) and needs time on the bench but we have no one else to replace him! Personally don't think he is good enough to be a starter.

In your opinion. As stated. Mew country, new style, new language. Take yourself off to Finland and see how you fair for a year/eighteen months.........

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Remember that bloke Palace signed, a winger who was in and out of the squad at Bristol City? Yannick somebody or other.

"No end product", the City fans said. "All pace but has no idea what to do with it". "We won't miss him". Then the Palace fans. "Some lower league journeyman winger who can't even get in Bristol City's team?". "Bristol City? They're even shitter than us. Zzzzzzz". "Massively underwhelming". Etc.

GOOD example. Perfectly illustrates my point earlier.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Whether he will be good or not I don't know. Would have preferred to get a left back on loan though. If Rosenior gets injured were stuffed in that position.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Err....only a guess, as at least some of his profile fits. Has he changed his name to Leon Best?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here