Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Loan Deadline Day thread

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
To be honest, you haven't got a clue what CH is thinking, or what has been going on with the recruitment team. You just like pontificating on Nsc.

Do you or anybody else know what CH is thinking we can only comment on here as to what is in the public domain or what impression is given. If not you my just as well close down NSC.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
You know what? Now that the deadline is approaching I find I'm not really all that bothered. Yes, it would be lovely to bring in a striker who could smash in goal after goal for the next seven matches, and a left back so we didn't have to make do with LR playing there - but if it doesn't happen, we've still got enough to rub along with until January, IMHO.
Maybe staying in the top two is a bit beyond us, but I don't see the season falling to pieces as some on here are predicting.

I dont think anyone is saying we will crash and burn, imagine though another injury up front lets say to Hemed or to Rosenior though.....

We dont want to be left wth Bobby who can play for an hour once a week and an untried Manu for the next 7 games .... i wouldnt want or take that risk....

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We need a striker. It makes 100% sense to get one in with Sam B's injury. Sometimes the complacency on here astounds me.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do you or anybody else know what CH is thinking we can only comment on here as to what is in the public domain or what impression is given. If not you my just as well close down NSC.

I don't which is why I don't say it. I do know that the club has a couple of things in the pipeline, which may or may not happen.
I agree with speculation as to who it may be, and there are threads already. The club is right not to say anything as an transfer can go wrong at the last minute.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All I tried to do was give my opinion and insight - I think you need to trust the Manager on these things. After all, he hasn't done so badly so far this season

I trust him but do fear a good season will fall to nothing again and we have had so many disappointments on the field in the last couple of seasons.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Actually some do BG BUT I do agree with you. Thats what this domain is for and I for one would encourage you to post as you like. This is your platform to speak your mind so YOU carry on Sir. I enjoy your posts, even although some of the players you suggest are on another planet. Thats probably why I like your posts ????

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We need a striker. It makes 100% sense to get one in with Sam B's injury. Sometimes the complacency on here astounds me.

Totally agree. Were we to lose Hemed or Rosenior after today, we'd be a far less effective team.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think anyone is saying we will crash and burn, imagine though another injury up front lets say to Hemed or to Rosenior though.....

We dont want to be left wth Bobby who can play for an hour once a week and an untried Manu for the next 7 games .... i wouldnt want or take that risk....

I think that what he is saying is that we have a very dificut few games coming up which if we lose and I must repeat IF we lose would propel others above us that perhaps we couldnt replace again. This would take us from automatic to play offs and everybody knows what a lottery that is. Mind if that happened I would have more confidence of CH getting it right than Gus or Oscar but would rather stick with the 1st or 2nd place..

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It would be very short-sighted of the club not to sign anyone in the loan window. Our squad is not big enough to maintain a promotion push with Baldock and Bong out and Zamora unable to play 90 mins. Extra resources are crucial i think if we are to keep up with the pack. Go to it Chris.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It would be very short-sighted of the club not to sign anyone in the loan window. Our squad is not big enough to maintain a promotion push with Baldock and Bong out and Zamora unable to play 90 mins. Extra resources are crucial i think if we are to keep up with the pack. Go to it Chris.

I think we can assume the club is working hard to do just that, but we don't want just anyone. Deals don't happen for a number of reasons.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London

Yes but there is no point signing players for the sake of it! Also would anyone expect Hughton to say 'yes we are desperate to get players in'? In this day and age with loan fees it could mean we'd end up paying too much for a loan thus affecting out budget for January!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If we cant grab a half decent loan now for 3 months when flying high at the top of the division and undefeated, when will we ever ?

We really should be making the most of this start, rather than risk a couple more injuries or blowing it over a few hundred grand in loan wages and fees.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If we cant grab a half decent loan now for 3 months when flying high at the top of the division and undefeated, when will we ever ?

We really should be making the most of this start, rather than risk a couple more injuries or blowing it over a few hundred grand in loan wages and fees.

I really don't think any failure to get a loan striker in, will be down to money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here