Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we going to make a loan signing?

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
I'm surprised given our lofty position, that we haven't signed anyone yet, unless we are aiming high. Worried that any further injuries to our strikers will see our hard work put under threat. I trust that our recruitment team will have who they want signed sealed and delivered on day 1 of the transfer window, not day 31.Just getting a bit concerned.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
if we cant get a proper forward for whatever reason, I would take Tex to play behind the front man happily.
Tex playing in front of our current dominating midfield 2, and off of either Zamora or Hemed, would be bloody fantastic.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That article says Thursday definitely and also links us with the Dundalk midfielder Ritchie Towell Irish PFA player of the year. This had me trying to remember the name off another great Irish hope we signed at Withdean who turned out to be a flop he was a much admired by many clubs midfielder.

It's been all over NSC about Richie Towell BG - you sound like that's the first time you've seen it? That one should be going through shortly they seem to think..

I guess Shane McFaul (sp?) is the guy you mean - didn't he have an attitude problem or start a fight or something causing Dick Knight to criticise him?! Can't recall exactly...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That was the bloke supposed to have been an exciting prospect. I read about Towell but didnt pay a lot of attention is I dont think that is urgent at the moment more concerned about bringing in a left back so LR can go back to defensive right midfield when needed and possibly a striker if as The Argus says Harper and Hambro are still not quite ready. I would think they are aiming at the 3rd round of the FA cup for them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That was the bloke supposed to have been an exciting prospect. I read about Towell but didnt pay a lot of attention is I dont think that is urgent at the moment more concerned about bringing in a left back so LR can go back to defensive right midfield when needed and possibly a striker if as The Argus says Harper and Hambro are still not quite ready. I would think they are aiming at the 3rd round of the FA cup for them.

I agree :thumbsup:

Yes, lots of people who are associated with Irish football have said the deal for Towell is going through...

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
It's been all over NSC about Richie Towell BG - you sound like that's the first time you've seen it? That one should be going through shortly they seem to think..

I guess Shane McFaul (sp?) is the guy you mean - didn't he have an attitude problem or start a fight or something causing Dick Knight to criticise him?! Can't recall exactly...

That was George O'Callaghan who fell out with Dick Knight, I think the reason it didn't work out for Shane McFaul was because he was shite.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That was George O'Callaghan who fell out with Dick Knight, I think the reason it didn't work out for Shane McFaul was because he was shite.

Ah yes that's the kiddy! I seem to remember many saying O'Callaghan had huge potential but an attitude problem - A bit like that Abdul Razak I guess. And if you look at how both of their careers declined I'd say our judgement was good...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I thought it was McFaul that everybody raved about when we signed him but it was O'Callaghan who fell out with DK.

No, only DK 'bigged-up' McFail. He was signed in desperation as Sir Dick promised 5 new signings (he was one of the 5). He cannot be compared to the sought after Towelie...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here