Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we going to make a loan signing?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
So.... Loan window closes at 5pm tomorrow and we have 7 games until Jan. I assume we're after a striker and a left back possibly although it's all very quiet... Wilson from Man Utd still a possibility although not sure how bad his injury that ruled him out of Saturday was..? Anyone heard anything they wish to share...? [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]?!?!?

Does the loan window close today or tomorrow ? ???

Looked online and both the mirror and sky say it closes today ???

???

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Be surprised if we get a left back. For it to be worthwhile, he'd have to be better than Rosenior, who has done a fine job so far and I can't imagine that there'd be many available LBs that'd be an improvement. It's unlikely that any club will loan someone as a back-up who's unlikely to play over their next 4-5 weeks, and if we did, the chances are that they'd be inferior to Chicksen or Calde.

Significantly, I don't think that short term loans do much for morale or team play, which has been a big factor in our success this year.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
The Birmingham Mail says it shuts on Thursday 25 November :moo:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
A quick google brings up even more contradiction.

Nigel Adkins is quotes as it closes on Thursday, which doesn't sound to me like midnight tonight.

Yahoo/Mirror sport both say the 25th (today).

I'm sure the club know.....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Perhaps you are correct but it is usually on a Thursday I am not 100% sure. Meredith wasnt in the Bradford squad last night, still injured?

Genuine Question BG: Have we actually been linked with this Meredith somewhere? I don't recall seeing anything but you keep on about him..?

I was going from the Argus article btw everyone which said 5pm tomorrow...

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
The FA's Standardised Rules for 2015-16 say it's tomorrow (fourth Thursday):-

"6.6.4 [Emergency Loan Transfers (applicable to National League National Clubs only)
National League National Clubs may have unlimited Emergency Loans. Such
Loans are subject to application to, and approval of, the Board but can be
registered during the Registration Period(s) and, also during the closed period,
subject to the following conditions:-
A Player cannot be registered on an Emergency Loan (or a Youth Loan)
(a) During the period of seven days after the end of a Registration Period
(b) In the first half of the Playing Season, after 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday
in November"

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I see this Irish midfielder Towell is about to sign a pre-contract agreement in the next 48 hours, can we do the same with Callieri, as his season's also finished ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sheebo. I am sure it was posted on here as coming from 1 source, but not sure of where. I had never heard of him when the story was posted so looked him up on Wiki to find out he was an Aussie and played for Bradford.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sheebo. I am sure it was posted on here as coming from 1 source, but not sure of where. I had never heard of him when the story was posted so looked him up on Wiki to find out he was an Aussie and played for Bradford.

Thanks BG :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here