Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shootings and explosion in Paris!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
First-ever suicide attack on French soil, apparently.

Again worrying, as stated by a poster earlier France mainly kept out of the recent wars in Iraq and Afghanistan etc, if they are experiencing this tonight then it could be worse for those countries heavily involved.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd say you are over reacting. But understandably. These situations are headline presentation, so it's at the front of your mind. I suppose it is a bit like when a newspaper reported that there were swarms of killer spiders in Britain now and I was afraid to sit on loo for a few hours. The threat is no greater than it was when we weren't thinking about it, but the reality remains the same.

Agree with this. Very sadly, we have to live with this kind of event happening, but however desperate it is, your chances of being caught up in something this really are statistically still tiny (not that this may be much comfort when things are so raw)

Appears police/military are now storming the concert hall. Everything crossed for anyone inside.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
No doubt that horrible little cvnt Anjem Choudry will be rejoicing in these scenes and will be allowed to publicly spout his support to those 'brothers' who committed these acts! The sooner someone takes that cvnt out the better and I will then publicly rejoice at his demise, but will probably be told off for being racist!!!

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
As some have already mentioned an assault on the Bataclan arena seems to be in progress. Usually it would be a stand off with negotiators. If an assault has been launched then the assumption can only be they are executing hostages. (Warning assumptions are dangerous)

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Again worrying, as stated by a poster earlier France mainly kept out of the recent wars in Iraq and Afghanistan etc, if they are experiencing this tonight then it could be worse for those countries heavily involved.

ISIS see all "non believers" as enemies. It could just be that France are an easier target than other major countries.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Politics, immigration and f*cking point scoring, only on North Stand ****ing chat. People have died for Christ's sake and all some on here are interested in is twisting the events to suit their own prejudices and opinions. Give me strength.

RIP to all those who have been killed in this terrible tragedy and I hope to God no one else loses their life to these abhorrent warmongers.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I think we should support France in what ever response they deem appropriate and adjust our security levels to best protect our citizens which should include restoration of full national border controls. I can't see how free movement of people across Europe can continue after this.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
70 years ago the world was confronted by an enemy, ruled by a quasi-religious god-emperor. His subjects were fanatical believers that death was preferable to surrender (hence the reason why they treated POWs so appallingly). In 1945, the Americans (with a British pilot on board in solidarity) dropped two atomic bombs on them.
Since then, their behaviour on the international scene has been impeccable; they've traded hard, but threatened no-one. A few (justifiable) squabbles with an avaricious China over a few small isolated islands, but that's the nearest they've come to being involved in (not causing) trouble. And what caused that radical change in behaviour? Oh yes, it was two atomic bombs.
Time to end the Cold War now - Russia and the USA should nuke the shit out of the parts of Syria and Iraq controlled by Isis, and then we should pick off their apologists all over the civilised world - shoot first, sod their excuses - and then try and start a peaceful world where no jihadi bar-stewards are thinking it's a good idea to kill non-Muslims for fun, and reasonable Muslims will live in peace and toleration alongside non=believers, respecting their different beliefs.
Some of you will be sickened by this idea. Oh dear, some hands will be wrung until they are raw!
Tough. There is no viable alternative.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
70 years ago the world was confronted by an enemy, ruled by a quasi-religious god-emperor. His subjects were fanatical believers that death was preferable to surrender (hence the reason why they treated POWs so appallingly). In 1945, the Americans (with a British pilot on board in solidarity) dropped two atomic bombs on them.
Since then, their behaviour on the international scene has been impeccable; they've traded hard, but threatened no-one. A few (justifiable) squabbles with an avaricious China over a few small isolated islands. And what caused that radical change in behaviour? Oh yes, it was two atomic bombs.
Time to end the Cold War now - Russia and the USA should nuke the shit out of the parts of Syria and Iraq controlled by Isis, and then we should pick off their apologists all over the civilised world - shoot first, sod their excuses - and then try and start a peaceful world where no jihadi bar-stewards are thinking it's a good idea to kill non-Muslims for fun, and reasonable Muslims will live in peace and toleration alongside non=believers, respecting their different beliefs.
Some of you will be sickened by this idea. Oh dear, some hands will be wrung until they are raw!
Tough. There is no viable alternative.

Think very hard about what you just posted.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Your sentiments are both somewhat admirable and worthy. Please don't allow your good nature to deflect from the fact we are at war, at war with an enemy who has no fear of killing the innocent, at war with people who have no respect for our culture or 'human rights', at war with a hidden threat that is in our midst. I do not blame all Muslims, I do not think that we should seek revenge upon the followers of the Islamic faith, but we should not overlook the common denominator which links numerous attacks since, and before, 9/11. God bless all caught up in tonight's attacks.

actually I think you'll find American drones alone have killed more women,children and innocent people than isis. what we must remember is this is a MINORITY, the MAJORITY of Islamic people need to speak out against these evil nutnuts

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
At what point does immigration go out of control, and why is it relevant here?
As there is no control over borders, anyone wanting to cause harm has an easy opportunity.

Do these things happen in Australia?

Lack of housing, busy roads, NHS struggling with waiting lists ect. A small island can only take so many people.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
As some have already mentioned an assault on the Bataclan arena seems to be in progress. Usually it would be a stand off with negotiators. If an assault has been launched then the assumption can only be they are executing hostages. (Warning assumptions are dangerous)

Based on previous attacks by these sort of groups(providing it is an Islamic extremist group) there is nothing you can negotiate...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
At least 35 dead at gig venue according to French journo friend. :-(

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
actually I think you'll find American drones alone have killed more women,children and innocent people than isis. what we must remember is this is a MINORITY, the MAJORITY of Islamic people need to speak out against these evil nutnuts
Bl00dy well time they did, then.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No doubt that horrible little cvnt Anjem Choudry will be rejoicing in these scenes and will be allowed to publicly spout his support to those 'brothers' who committed these acts! The sooner someone takes that cvnt out the better and I will then publicly rejoice at his demise, but will probably be told off for being racist!!!

No, it is not racist, and he is an appalling specimen of physical matter. Nonetheless, when people are judged by something other than the rule of law a back door is opened to injustice and disorder.

Unfortunately, for the sake of wider freedoms, people like him have to remain free too. Until, of course, the authorities have something to nail the fecker with.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I thought long and hard before I posted it. Congratulations on being the first of the hand-wringers.

You just called for nuclear war and the indiscriminate slaughter of thousands upon thousands of people. I'm lost for words.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here