Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loanee left back

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
At what point did it emphasise this? Liam was one of the best on the pitch. Only area not quite as good as Bong is going forward on the left hand side. Great player. If he was fit till Bong returned he would be as he is now the perfect replacement.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did it ?? I thought Rosenior was close to being our MOTM.

Very good defending but I thought that he was poor getting forward having to stop and turn to his right foot every time when a left footer would have carried on outside of their right back who was very poor.
This held up our attacks and gave them time to regroup.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Defending he is but not going forward.
Yes, but in front of the back 4, we have 6 players who are there to attack (OK, some more than others, and they have defensive duties too). It is useful when a full back overlaps and provides an extra threat, but this is a Hughton team, not a Hyypia one (thank the lord!)

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Humbelon Anchovee (ex international) a left back playing for Sporting Canope is looking for a move to England. He could do a job.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Good enough player and good enough against MKDons. Next stop Burnley.

Two problems I envisage is left back stopping the outside runs by blocking the attempted cross is more difficult (I don't know why Reading did not play Blackman on the right!) and a right footer tends to clear pass forward inside (distribution is inferior) on his stronger right foot. Inverted full back might even be better against an inverted winger so it is not all bad. Preventing the crosses I see as the hardest bit to overcome.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Having been calling for a leftback to be brought in while pretty much everyone else was saying Rosenior would be absolutely fine there, I think [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] is now painted into a corner and feels obliged to give Roseniors performance a bit of a slagging regardless, even though quite patently he was one of the best players on the pitch today.

Give it up BG. Rosenior is a very capable leftback, there is no urgency whatsoever to bring in a replacement.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Having been calling for a leftback to be brought in while pretty much everyone else was saying Rosenior would be absolutely fine there, I think [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] is now painted into a corner and feels obliged to give Roseniors performance a bit of a slagging regardless, even though quite patently he was one of the best players on the pitch today.

Give it up BG. Rosenior is a very capable leftback, there is no urgency whatsoever to bring in a replacement.

Agree, thought he was excellent today.

However, we miss him on the right when away from home when we're only playing one winger.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Very good defending but I thought that he was poor getting forward having to stop and turn to his right foot every time when a left footer would have carried on outside of their right back who was very poor.
This held up our attacks and gave them time to regroup.

Do you have the same problem with March ?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Totally agree with all of this.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Liam is adequate cover at lb, but we will miss him at right midfield against some of the better teams we are up against after the international break, where we might not be so attacking.

If we are still looking for a lb, Matt Targett seems to have dropped down the pecking order at Southampton.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Yep, pretty much spot on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In todays Argus CH says the possibility of bringing in another left back is an option that they are still exploring. As he says LR has done well at left back but I think that we are missing his defensive influence on the right of midfield.

I am not so far out on my views as many would believe . it is just a case of getting the right one on the right deal and it will happen.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm sure we will bring a left back in on a 93 day loan before the window shuts on the 25th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here