Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet another "innocent" detainee at guantanamo

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Option C, kill them.

If they are in a war zone without justification then they are aiding an enemy power so should have been hung as traitors.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Option C, kill them.

If they are in a war zone without justification then they are aiding an enemy power so should have been hung as traitors.

This particular case was found by the Americans as a prisoner of the Taliban after being captured on the Afghan/Iranian border and suspected of being a British spy! It's not as if he was even known to be in direct conflict with Western forces.

2 years of 'interrogation' revealed nothing.

I don't doubt that there were bad guys in Guantanamo but the OP's original mischief making here is fatuous in the extreme.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
This particular case was found by the Americans as a prisoner of the Taliban after being captured on the Afghan/Iranian border and suspected of being a British spy! It's not as if he was even known to be in direct conflict with Western forces.

2 years of 'interrogation' revealed nothing.

I don't doubt that there were bad guys in Guantanamo but the OP's original mischief making here is fatuous in the extreme.

Still begs the question what was he doing there? Not registered with aid agencies, no spooks claimed him and no relatives there. The rules of war are a lot blunter and unforgiving. Maybe he was in a grey area legally, i would of hung him.

I always judge someone on what they do, he went out there and hes now in Syria. I would have got the right person imo.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Will you change the pissing record?

It's hardly surprising that a bloke who has been held without charge and most probably treated inhumanely has come out with a hatred and determination to fight against the West. He's not exactly going to come out all smiles and shaking hands in thanks is he?
ah yes, I forgot that he was there on a "religious holiday" , obviously completely innocent , your gullibility or is it stupidity knows no bounds.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Seems we had a few options with the Guantanamo prisoners. I'd like to know what was the best course of action.

A) charge them with an offence.
B) imprison them and torture them indefinitely
C) kill them.
D) release them under surveillance.

Assuming that a and c weren't open to us, what else were we supposed to do? Whether this particular case was or wasn't a bad man before his imprisonment without charge isn't even the issue here. After years of torture we still had nothing. It is no surprise he holds a grievance against the West.

The OP has a deep hatred of Jeremy Corbyn based on something he said so I'm not sure he's really in a position to judge this man's actions. I shudder to think what revenge he'd be after in this man's position.
i wouldnt have converted to islam and gone on a ''religious holiday'' to the pakistani/afghan border , religious holiday:lolol: just how fvcking gullible are you ??

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Then he wasnt there for benign reasons then was he ?

My only point is that it is not a wise strategic move to lock people up for an extended period of time and not charge them with anything. Presumably there'd have been a whole host of evidence to actually convict him of terrorist-related offences.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Then he wasnt there for benign reasons then was he ?

If US & UK Secret Services they had any excuse to not release him after 2 years of 'interrogation', they wouldn't have let him go.

I'm not saying that he was innocent but your refusal to even countenance a scenario where he was innocent and radicalized as a result of his treatment shows you up. It wasn't a particularly good example to pick for your agenda.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here