Former famous footballers doing something a bit different these days

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Johnny Crumplin owned a bar in Fuengirola but the bar next door told me lost it due to being lazy and playing the big footballer. He is apparently now working for somebody as a barman while his wife makes and sells birthday cakes.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Inigo Calderon. Biding time to when he is World President overseeing an era of peace, prosperity and undertstanding.

Life under World President Calderon:

cf3da1e2946b77dbb3b949807065fd40.jpg

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Many moons ago I played in a corporate golf day with Brian Labone who some of you may remember was a centre half who played for Everton and England. He was selling insurance, which many ex footballers used to do as they had plenty of contacts and their previous fame opened doors with fans etc, whilst also doing a bit of PR at Goodison.

Died a few years ago I believe but although I only spent a day with him he was a truly wonderful man

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Er, what?

Really?

Crap:
noun
something of extremely poor quality.
excrement.

What else is a "crap" job aside from collecting cars for service?

I think Neill Web should be congratulated for his work ethic..........like the other millions of British people in "crap" jobs for low pay...........good on him.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Ex-Arsenal midfielder David Hillier is a firefighter with Avon Fire and Rescue, stationed in Bristol.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Herr Tubthumper;7108084[B said:
]I wish I hadn't used the term crap job actually[/B]. I don't wish to demean anyone or anything. My point, clumsily made, is that it's a real turn of events for someone who reached such giddy heights in a job many dream about to now doing something so humdrum. I'll stop digging.

I will change it for you now :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Nathan Elder is a recruitment consultant. Anyone remember Zac Beda? He is also a recruitment consultant.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really?

Crap:
noun
something of extremely poor quality.
excrement.

What else is a "crap" job aside from collecting cars for service?

I think Neill Web should be congratulated for his work ethic..........like the other millions of British people in "crap" jobs for low pay...........good on him.

Whatever :rollseyes:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I wish I hadn't used the term crap job actually. I don't wish to demean anyone or anything. My point, clumsily made, is that it's a real turn of events for someone who reached such giddy heights in a job many dream about to now doing something so humdrum. I'll stop digging.

I'm glad that you posted that.
I don't criticise or comment on any others occupation.
If it's a job, then it needs doing and some one making an effort to do it is better than them getting unemployment benefits for not doing it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
And does anyone know where Mark Farrington is now ???

Or another errant centre forward of the same era, Richard Tiltman?

Actually l do, he emigrated to Australia after leaving the Albion to 'further his career'. What happened to him down there though l have no idea.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I reckon you're a LOT of fun at parties.

He probabaly takes a flip chart and book of newspaper cuttings and tries to trap people in a corner so he can harangue them through a megaphone while copiously referiing them to long tedious articles which don't actully prove his point

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He probabaly takes a flip chart and book of newspaper cuttings and tries to trap people in a corner so he can harangue them through a megaphone while copiously referiing them to long tedious articles which don't actully prove his point

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here