Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Davey Cameron's rednbluenwhite army

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It really is hard to think anything more pointless and silly than this post. And of course linked with just a little arrogance -presumably you are not one of the morons?

Its neither pointless, or silly, to challenge the outrageous campaign being waged by the nation's media against the legitimate leader of Her Majesty's opposition, based on little more than the way he looks. If you don't like the man's ideology, no problem. If you're happy to be led by the media, on the basis of him being 'scruffy' etc, then that's a big problem.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
everytime i see someone complain about this, is see its someone leaning left. so i ask what services and budgets do you want cut to reduce the deficit, to eventually reduce the debt. btw taxes revenues risen every year since 2009.

amongst the other hyperbole, i'm wondering what tax regime you refer to? and secret trade deal TIPP is part of the EU, we sign up to the EU we've sign up to TIPP - what you going to do, leave?

I mentioned how we are collecting less tax and are due to change tax laws so large corporations pay even less. If instead we had cooperated with the EU on tax avoidance we would deal with all the structural deficit.
Medium term growing the economy would help, this government is overseeing the slowest recovery since 1720s. I agree good handling of the economy is vital, that's why I vote for the party that has the best record of reducing debt as a percentage of GDP.

Cutting Trident would save billions, and as it is part maintained by the Americans and we could not use it without their approval it's not the independent nuclear deterrent some claim.
Tory changes to NHS structure (specifically promised not to happen by DC) cost billions and have added billions to the administrative costs of the NHS. Reversing these dogmatic changes would stretch the NHS budget further.
The £100 million profit Royal mail was bringing in each year would have been helpful, even though much would have been swallowed up by the historic pension liabilities that have been left with the tax payer.
Similar argument for east coast rail.
Yes personally I would leave the EU rather than sign TTIP, but it's worrying how no Tory mp will even engage in a debate on it. Meanwhile the BRIC countries are busy dismantling similar but lesser trade agreements.
But sure ignore all that and vote for the party that sowed the seeds of our banking crisis, our housing crisis and our welfare bill, and has only lurched further to an extreme economic model that has been shown to be a failure. There's plenty of media bought and paid for out there to reassure you that you haven't voted against your own interests and those of your children (I did assume you had children and weren't a multi millionaire sociopath there, sorry)

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
image.jpg

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It really is hard to think anything more pointless and silly than this post.

There's a lot of competition for that in this thread. Although if I was a left winger staring at 9+ years of Conservative government ahead of me posting juvenile comments and pictures of Cameron might help in avoiding reality.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Jesus.

'Look at his face. Just LOOK at his FACE"

And the media, and the morons that lap it up, SERIOUSLY think we should be worried about Corbyn embarrassing us on the world stage, by having a BEARD?

Its not his beard im worried about,or his sandals and socks ensemble for that matter.Plenty of politicians have looked liked dicks in the past and still managed to do their job.

I am more concerned about his state of mind and the catastrophic decisions he would make that would harm this country.

This is a bloke who after careful consideration and weighing up all the options and consequences still went ahead and banged Diane Abbott

I would consider that a global embarrassment of epic proportions.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So the national debt had doubled, tax revenue is down, the NHS is nearly destroyed, paedophiles still not prosecuted, middle east still in crisis, policing cut, millions of working families about to be worse off, workers rights about to be reduced to Victorian levels, tax regime changing so that not only us but all of Europe will get virtually no money from large corporations, state assets sold below market value, massive secret trade deal about to be signed that energy hands sovereignty to corporations... Where is the good news?

The spin machine is working well and the Tory's are pretending to move left in order to secure more votes. The bottom line is successful and the right people are winning. There is good news, you are just looking in the wrong place for it.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Its neither pointless, or silly, to challenge the outrageous campaign being waged by the nation's media against the legitimate leader of Her Majesty's opposition, based on little more than the way he looks. If you don't like the man's ideology, no problem. If you're happy to be led by the media, on the basis of him being 'scruffy' etc, then that's a big problem.
I could not agree more, my friend, and so this makes your post all the more ridiculous. Yes, you may have been making a point, but what you posted was precisely what you are lambasting.Your final sentence, by the way, was totally unnecessary.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
everytime i see someone complain about this, is see its someone leaning left. so i ask what services and budgets do you want cut to reduce the deficit, to eventually reduce the debt. btw taxes revenues risen every year since 2009.

amongst the other hyperbole, i'm wondering what tax regime you refer to? and secret trade deal TIPP is part of the EU, we sign up to the EU we've sign up to TIPP - what you going to do, leave?

That is interesting because Downunder the idea of national debt being bad is a very right wing idea. We are all tightening our belts and doing some 'heavy lifting" (for 'all" read not the politicians or their cronies) to get back into surplus - this hasn't happened of course and our national debt is ballooning.

I assume this means that in time we will join the UK and concern over our national debt will become a left learning worry.

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
One of the reasons people hate politics is that truth is rarely a politician's objective. Election and power are - Cal Thomas.

Whilst I tend to be reluctant to use quotes from a third party, rhetoric seems to be the order of the day and so I feel it imperative to remain focussed upon the bottom line right now. a loosened tie, a beard, a sharp suit and an old school tie should not distract us from bottom line causes.

After years of mediocrity and middle ground politics, I feel that the time for more expressive approaches is just around the corner.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What was it, your herione Maggie, said?

oh, yeah..

"If they attack you personally, it means they have not a single political argument left"

You have to say that if we are talking about Corbyn on a thread about Cameron's speech then he must be doing something right.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
One of the reasons people hate politics is that truth is rarely a politician's objective. Election and power are - Cal Thomas.

Whilst I tend to be reluctant to use quotes from a third party, rhetoric seems to be the order of the day and so I feel it imperative to remain focussed upon the bottom line right now. a loosened tie, a beard, a sharp suit and an old school tie should not distract us from bottom line causes.

After years of mediocrity and middle ground politics, I feel that the time for more expressive approaches is just around the corner.

I wish i could share your optimism but sadly i have little faith in the electorate to look beyond the rhetoric and spin. Although I think that it is good for politics to have someone involved who (seemingly, so far) seems to have the strength of their convictions I am concerned that this will not translate well in the polls as too many people seem to be duped by the spoke and mirrors of style over content.

It should be an interesting few years though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I mentioned how we are collecting less tax and are due to change tax laws so large corporations pay even less. If instead we had cooperated with the EU on tax avoidance we would deal with all the structural deficit.

ah the tax avoidance gambit. so no cuts, it can all be solved with eradicating tax avoidance. as the EU is the cause of much of the avoidance, i fear we are cooperating too much on that front.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 286

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
I wish i could share your optimism but sadly i have little faith in the electorate to look beyond the rhetoric and spin. Although I think that it is good for politics to have someone involved who (seemingly, so far) seems to have the strength of their convictions I am concerned that this will not translate well in the polls as too many people seem to be duped by the spoke and mirrors of style over content.

Couldn't agree more. I don't think a lot of people can see beyond what they read in the papers and the spin. The Conservatives election campaign (which was excellently run by that Australian guy) focused on one issue alone the economy. All MP's being interviewed were told to bat away any other questions and keep banging the economy drum and the fact they inherited this situation because of Labour. 1 in 4 people in this country went for it !! Obviously in the cities people see the reality so they tend not to be as successful.

I fear there could be a long tory government if people were prepared to vote for them last time, you can already see the change in rhetoric and u turns on policy (such as child credit) now they can push or their unpopular stuff through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here