Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering disasters tonight

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its rubbish this season IMO - I was so looking forward to the cheese and onion pasty when it was announced as it is my pie of choice at away matches so I had one at the first game and its horrible. My wife enjoyed the Chicken and Ham pie but that's replaced this year (why they cannot provide both amazes me) and so all that's left is the sausage roll which is very good - but absent from the NS last night.

I guess by expanding too quick piglets are cutting corners with us now.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Must've switched off the pump connecting the urinals with the Harveys taps..

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I say this time and time again. But imagine if you ran a business where people were BEGGING to put their money in your tills. The only barriers between you and a mountain of profit are to have adequate amounts of stock and serve people faster. Imagine that.

I wonder how much better the catering would be if the club took it in house?
or use a local company that care about the Albion as we are suppose to be a community club,it will never work with these large compnies as they buy contracts local companies have more pride.:rolleyes:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I say this time and time again. But imagine if you ran a business where people were BEGGING to put their money in your tills. The only barriers between you and a mountain of profit are to have adequate amounts of stock and serve people faster. Imagine that.

It's baffling how, after 4 years, the club are still struggling.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't believe the moaners on here must all be trolls/palace deffo not proper fans,why do you bother plenty of other fans waiting for your seats.I suppose you want to go back to Withdean:moo:

Its the 'moaners' on here who DO bother. You don't.

And there aren't any fans waiting for seats - there were 10,000 empty ones last night.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It's baffling how, after 4 years, the club are still struggling.

I doubt I'm the only person who has more or less given up completely with eating or drinking anything at the ground. And early on that was such a great feature of any visit to the place.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
19:30: Strolled into ESL
19:31: Went straight to a counter and purchased a cheeseburger (still not convinced by addition of the coleslaw/relish) and a bottle of Fanta
19:32: Ventured to my seat to watch the tribute and match build up
19:33: Consumed purchased burger and beverage, just in time for kick-off.

Happy days, and no complaints from me, I'm afraid...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You can pre-order drinks for half-time? Really? Where? How does this work?

The above aside, I've now largely abandoned trying to buy anything in the ground now.

They were doing -- trialling? -- it in the central bar area of WSU. It's a good idea. It was restricted to 50, and you could only order Fosters or Harveys. You pre-pay, and they give you a voucher, and the impression given was that you stroll up and collect your beer in return for your voucher. It transpired that they hadn't pre-poured the beers for half-time, and that they'd run out of Harveys. Despite having taken money for it.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Its the 'moaners' on here who DO bother. You don't.

And there aren't any fans waiting for seats - there were 10,000 empty ones last night.

Can't help thinking that the local community aren't sufficiently grateful for the staggering start and brilliant football we're playing this season.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
No problems in ESU.

Well none apart from they also ran out of Harveys at 7:30...

To those who object to people moaning about the catering; I wish the club nothing but success and prosperity and am happy to spend my hard earned at the ground. However, it is frustrating when I can't give the club my money when there isn't enough Harveys or pies.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well none apart from they also ran out of Harveys at 7:30...

To those who object to people moaning about the catering; I wish the club nothing but success and prosperity and am happy to spend my hard earned at the ground. However, it is frustrating when I can't give the club my money when there isn't enough Harveys or pies.

Spot on. I like giving the club money in return for watching football, Harveys and pies.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It transpired that they hadn't pre-poured the beers for half-time, and that they'd run out of Harveys. Despite having taken money for it.

:facepalm:

That's really very poor.

I'm another who's given up eating at the stadium - I worked it out at about £250pa (I sometimes get the cheap(er) hot food option in 1901 - I don't eat that many pies!). It's not the price (although it's at the very top end of what I'd pay), it's not the quality of ingredients (though they're not great), it's the temperature. Not tepid; not cool; stone cold. I'm done giving feedback on it - I've tried 5 or 6 times with different staff members - in writing and verbally. Lots of things change, to be fair, but the bottom line is that it is always stone f*cking cold.

Rant over.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Sodexo are MUCH worse than anyone else we've had and it really should not be a surprise. I have consulted on and off over the last 18 months for a large financial institution. Their canteens are run by Sodexo. On the smaller site I visit they have run out of anything decent by 12.30 and pretty much everyone now goes in t town. On the larger site there is adequate stock but the quality is shocking and they do "street food" that isn't street food. Talking of which, last night in WSU we were amused to see a paper poster pointing us to a non-existent street food kiosk (unless the sweetie trolley now counts as street food too).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here