Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O'Grady To Forest?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
His useful job is make the numbers up he doesnt hold the ball up or lay it off as expected so a complete waste. He cannot even be relied on to run the ball into the corner and hold it to run the clock down. The sooner he goes the better, thanks Burke.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
His useful job is make the numbers up he doesnt hold the ball up or lay it off as expected so a complete waste. He cannot even be relied on to run the ball into the corner and hold it to run the clock down. The sooner he goes the better, thanks Burke.
I agree.

Perhaps Burke's greatest failing - the replacement of Leo with COG - will be rectified today ? ???

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Thats possibly why he doesnt want to lose him. Perhaps he improves when he is surrounded by better players. I am not his biggest fan either but I think the manager thinks there is scope for improvement with him

He has enormous faith in his coaching abilities then, because COG is not far off 30 now, and I really haven't seen any improvement since he's been here.
I do agree that he's done well coming on and protecting a lead this season. But I'm not convinced this is worth the mooted 15k a week, especially as he doesn't seem to be able to score or create goals, and his movement turns to turd whenever he's within a yard of the penalty area.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Overly harsh. He does hold the ball up but hardly his fault if there's no-one to hold it up for.
He's not a bad player but needs to be starting. Playing fits and starts is no good for a big man.
Not a good signing and didn't work out but that's as much the club as the player. We should've taken a fee from Sheffield Utd in January

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Got to feel sorry for COG, never had a chance really to get the confidence to show what he can do. He had one good season with Barnsley as they played to his strengths and he scored goals, we never did.

Burke fell on his sword with this purchase so I hope he does well for them in that they'll buy him at the end of the season.

I cant see anyone buying him unless he scores a few for forest, but O'grady is back home where he comes from in Nottingham, its alleged his Mrs never took to it down here and wanted to move back up north, so if we could get anyone to take him on a free, we should sack off the 500k we paid, cancel his contract by mutual consent and get him off the payroll.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Shan't be sorry to see him go, as it's never even come close to working out it for him here. No animosity to him, as you always got the sense he was trying his best. Just to little effect was all.

Of course, it's a nailed on certainty that he'll find the back of the net against us now. At least we've already played Forest once.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
His useful job is make the numbers up he doesnt hold the ball up or lay it off as expected so a complete waste.

Prejudiced bollox

I agree he's not good enough and has been a huge disappointment in terms of scoring goals but his hold up play and ability to lay off a decent pass to a runner (on the odd occasion there is one) are his strengths

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Shan't be sorry to see him go, as it's never even come close to working out it for him here. No animosity to him, as you always got the sense he was trying his best. Just to little effect was all.

Of course, it's a nailed on certainty that he'll find the back of the net against us now. At least we've already played Forest once.

As he's on loan he won't be allowed to play vs us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Prejudiced bollox

I agree he's not good enough and has been a huge disappointment in terms of scoring goals but his hold up play and ability to lay off a decent pass to a runner (on the odd occasion there is one) are his strengths

He hasnt demonstrated his strengths very well for us. When he has come on he has looked lost and as if he was a new lad playing with strangers for the first time. Unaware of what to do and where his teamates are.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Give the guy a break not the most gifted footballer in the world we all know but turning this thread into a COG bashing thread is a bit harsh.

Quite - he's an honest pro who made the wrong move coming to us (and we made the wrong move in getting him). Let's just hope things work out better for everyone

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
His chest down for Solly at Fulham away last season, possibly helped us turn our season around for a short while.

He was never going to be the replacement for Ulloa and it just seems like Burke was actually taking the piss with his signings last season. However it may have been very different for him if he had stuck away his chance against Sheff Wed in the opening game. Things never got going for him or us.

I hope he does well at Forset and I will be following his progress with interest. Anyone know what the Forset fans think?

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
His chest down for Solly at Fulham away last season, possible help us turn our season around for a short while.

He was never going to be the replacement for Ulloa and it just seems like Burke was actually taking the piss with his seasons last season. However it may have been very different for him if he had stuck away his chance against Sheff Wed in the opening game. Things never got going for him or us.

I hope he does well at Forset and I will be following his progress with interest. Anyone know what the Forset fans think?

Worried about his LACK of goals and rightly so.

Indeed that chest down was Murray esque, which is why Burkey signed him. We had a chance for FFS (again) he wanted something like 10k/11k and in response Burke signed OGrady at £15k.

Nice one Burke you ****.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
His chest down for Solly at Fulham away last season, possibly helped us turn our season around for a short while.

He was never going to be the replacement for Ulloa and it just seems like Burke was actually taking the piss with his seasons last season. However it may have been very different for him if he had stuck away his chance against Sheff Wed in the opening game. Things never got going for him or us.

And not forgetting his hold up play and suberb pass to Kaz to score against Derby.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I cant see anyone buying him unless he scores a few for forest, but O'grady is back home where he comes from in Nottingham, its alleged his Mrs never took to it down here and wanted to move back up north, so if we could get anyone to take him on a free, we should sack off the 500k we paid, cancel his contract by mutual consent and get him off the payroll.

Incorrect. They were 'sale agreed' for over a month on a £1.5m house & only pulled out when we loaned to Sheffield

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
And not forgetting his hold up play and suberb pass to Kaz to score against Derby.
And his hold up play against Blackburn away. We'd have been under a constant barrage in the second half and probably lost that game if we'd had a lightweight like CMS up front. COG's hold up that day made it far easier to defend the 1 goal lead (from an own goal that he created).

I'd go as far as to say that we could have been in the bottom 3 if he'd been sold or loaned and wasn't in our squad for the second half of the season.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

And his performance v Ipswich. Standing ovation when he went off, I believe.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
And his hold up play against Blackburn away. We'd have been under a constant barrage in the second half and probably lost that game if we'd had a lightweight like CMS up front. COG's hold up that day made it far easier to defend the 1 goal lead (from an own goal that he created).

I'd go as far as to say that we could have been in the bottom 3 if he'd been sold or loaned and wasn't in our squad for the second half of the season.

Correct his all round play contributed to the team, so what he did not bang in the goals to be honest he earned his money and the club by helping to keep us up.

Thank you C.O.G and good luck is the only comment we should all be making.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here