Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matej Vydra

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I cant see Bloom spending £2 mill on a year long loan, we don't even spend that on transfers.
Yes, fair point. That would seem so. But then we don't know if the sum quoted here is right, of course. Hurry up 6pm -getting fed up with racing to the computer in eager anticipation.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Vydra at Reading, WTF??

Apparently pictured at their stadium, Reading paying Watford £2m as a loan fee.

Last edited:

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Vydra at Reading, WTF??

Apparently pictured at their stadium, Reading paying Watford £2m as a loan fee.

CN0X09ZWgAA-f3i.jpg

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I ****ing hate Reading. ****ing upstarts. Get back to Elm park...

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
We do not have the depth up top to stay at the top of the table. Look at some of the other teams who are going to be up there this season and compare their attacking options to ours. If Manu turns out to be quality we may just be okay but the second one of Hemed or Baldock (both of who I rate very highly) gets injured i can see us struggling to get goals.

I would like to qualify that statement by saying I am delighted with the squad, especially when compared to last year, but think we'll be throwing an opportunity away if we don't improve.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We do not have the depth up top to stay at the top of the table. Look at some of the other teams who are going to be up there this season and compare their attacking options to ours. If Manu turns out to be quality we may just be okay but the second one of Hemed or Baldock (both of who I rate very highly) gets injured i can see us struggling to get goals.

I would like to qualify that statement by saying I am delighted with the squad, especially when compared to last year, but think we'll be throwing an opportunity away if we don't improve.

Hard to argue with that, just look how the B team fared last week against Walsall.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

I agree Brick. Not long to go either...

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Yes. also fully agree. Another good striker is what is needed, and then there would be huge grounds for optimism, though we clearly seem better than last year. Relying on 2 is dicey but as you say, Elvis may yet turn out to be a real gem.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hey Icy . At least we've now got a squad who can (hopefully) avoid relegation :)

I am VERY impressed with the first team, just worried about what happens when injuries, suspension and loss of form hit the midfield and forwards. Very happy with the defensive squad though :thumbsup:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
We have Hemed, Baldock, Bobby, Colunga and the 3 unknown quantities of Hambo, Harper and Elvis. The way the rest of the team is playing, there are certainly goals there in those 7. Another 1 would be nice but not a disaster.

Anyway, Leo is signing at 5.37pm

albionite

May 20, 2009

Couple of Dutch guys I've spoken to say Manu is ok but nothing special. (Strong build and inconsistent )

Think we are a little short up front for a top 2 but am excited in the direction we are headed after last season. Building a good squad and if not this year will be set up for next.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here