Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
An Italian pal of mine has kind of translated what has happened, he was about to sign for inter for $10m Brighton then offered $14m so the deal was then off the table as Boca accepted the higher bid as they want to sign Osvaldo as his replacement and this would give them enough cash. Not speaking Italian can't confirm if true obviously but it's getting interesting.

Am I the only one that is concerned about spending that sort of money on a player untried in Europe let alone England ? What effect will this have on FFP if he is a flop ? Are there no 'tried and trusted' players that could be tempted with a pot of 10-12 million to spend on transfer/wages ?

If this signing comes off but we fail to make promotion, will we be doomed (to stay in the Championship or worse) for ever ? :nono:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Am I the only one that is concerned about spending that sort of money on a player untried in Europe let alone England ? What effect will this have on FFP if he is a flop ? Are there no 'tried and trusted' players that could be tempted with a pot of 10-12 million to spend on transfer/wages ?

If this signing comes off but we fail to make promotion, will we be doomed (to stay in the Championship or worse) for ever ? :nono:

Show some faith in our club to make the right decision (whatever that is)...

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Chelsea in for French striker, does this mean that they are losing interest in J.C ?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Wasn't there something this morning on Twitter that Inter had now bid 15m euros? Surely we won't up our bid!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Personally I would rather have two 5 mill strikers rather than one 10 Mill, imagine if he gets injured or just dont like it here?

What if one of your £5m strikers is a huge fan of ABBA and the other £5m striker goes on a killing spree every time he hears Swedish pop music.

Just imagine.

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
Just seen this: https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/status/682188523961741312

Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 13.30.11.png

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
Spoil sport. Who is Tancredi Palmeri? Is he a reliable source?

He is normally pretty reliable, works for beIN Sports, CNN, Gazzetta dello Sport and Rai Sport. I read a Spanish newspaper report saying that Calleri is going to be sent to Bologna on loan for 6 months from Inter for the remainder of this season. Hopefully something will go wrong and we can sneak him still, or maybe a loan from Inter would be possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here