Jonathan Calleri

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
been caught many times
once at the world cup in the USA
thats about as big a mistake as you can make
he is a cheat

He might be s cheat and a horrible bloke but you can't deny that Maradona was an all time great at the game. He also did it on crap pitches and got kicked to death, so he might be the greatest!
I don't mind if Maradona starts to follow the Albion if we sign Calleri.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He might be s cheat and a horrible bloke but you can't deny that Maradona was an all time great at the game. He also did it on crap pitches and got kicked to death, so he might be the greatest!
I don't mind if Maradona starts to follow the Albion if we sign Calleri.

so Lance Armstrong was the greatest bike rider in the tour ..........................anyone who takes drugs in sport is a cheat
maradonna used every trick in the book to win as we well know, my opinion is he a sniveling litttle tw@t who should have never graced a football field

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
so Lance Armstrong was the greatest bike rider in the tour ..........................anyone who takes drugs in sport is a cheat
maradonna used every trick in the book to win as we well know, my opinion is he a sniveling litttle tw@t who should have never graced a football field

There's a massive difference between Armstrong doping for success in his sport and Maradona being a huge fan of the sniff. I don't like Maradona at all but to say he's not one of the worlds great players is just wrong. The hand of god incident, as bad as it was, doesn't mean he wasn't incredibly gifted.

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
But Brighton fans must temper their excitement.

Just two days ago this is what Calleri said to the Spanish speaking publication Vavel about his future, with no clue toward an English switch, let alone to Brighton:

"I knew that I would not be sold and I did not want to go. I want to win the title, I feel comfortable here.

"I have three more years contract with the club. In the future I would get to the Italian League, resembles my style of play. My desire is to play at Inter Milan. "

It would of course be a fantastic signing which would signify the ambition of the Sussex club but for now Brighton fans must remain calm.

If it does come off however, then all bets are off.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/2...athan-calleri-made-his-intentions-clear-this/

http://www.vavel.com/ar/futbol/bocajuniors/531916-jonathan-calleri-me-quede-para-salir-campeon.html

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There's a massive difference between Armstrong doping for success in his sport and Maradona being a huge fan of the sniff. I don't like Maradona at all but to say he's not one of the worlds great players is just wrong. The hand of god incident, as bad as it was, doesn't mean he wasn't incredibly gifted.

So good it's uploaded twice :mad:

Attachments

• 1nelse.jpg
    1nelse.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 590
  • 1a2nelse.jpg
    1a2nelse.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 564

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
But Brighton fans must temper their excitement.

Just two days ago this is what Calleri said to the Spanish speaking publication Vavel about his future, with no clue toward an English switch, let alone to Brighton:

"I knew that I would not be sold and I did not want to go. I want to win the title, I feel comfortable here.

"I have three more years contract with the club. In the future I would get to the Italian League, resembles my style of play. My desire is to play at Inter Milan. "

It would of course be a fantastic signing which would signify the ambition of the Sussex club but for now Brighton fans must remain calm.

If it does come off however, then all bets are off.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/2...athan-calleri-made-his-intentions-clear-this/

http://www.vavel.com/ar/futbol/bocajuniors/531916-jonathan-calleri-me-quede-para-salir-campeon.html

One of those articles was posted on here on Friday, the day our interest was revealed and both seem to be based on an interview he gave on August 21st

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Has anyone seen Mr Barber recently?

Nobody else would be putting this deal together.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Apart from Jamie Murphy all our transfers this summer have been under the radar. When there has been lots of talk, nothing has happened - Iranian Ali, Marshall. BZ only happened when everyone had stopped discussing it. This is a cover for who they are really trying to bring in, and I have no idea who it is

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
In fairness during the TW much can happen in a very short space of time..especially in last 48 hours!
Precisely what I was getting at. There's the one side where the player is saying he's staying put, the other, suggests there is a fee Boca would struggle to turn down. If we'd received no encouragement that it was even remotely possible we wouldn't have pursued it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here