Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walsall Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Meh. Would have been an entirely different result had COG not skied his pen. That's football.

Obviously would have been nice to keep to winning ways but I'd much rather keep going in the league than the cup.

And I don't give a toss about playing Chelsea either. Not until next season anyway. Positivity.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I felt for cog tonight as he was isolated. That said, I don't think we will ever see him in an Albion shirt again.

Pen was as bad as the Walsall stewards were at dealing with homophobic abuse.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So through stupidity we now don't have a money spinning game. All this crap about resting these super fit, professionally analysed by medics on a weekly basis, athletes gets my goat.

They play Saturday and then have a bloody rest ffs
This

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Having a penalty saved is one thing, but there is absolutely no excuse for missing the target all together, it's 'king big enough.
All this trying to be clever and trick the keeper s**t, just hit the god damned target.
JFC took the first and scored, why didn't he take the second, he would have been all buoyed up for it.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Having a penalty saved is one thing, but there is absolutely no excuse for missing the target all together, it's 'king big enough.
All this trying to be clever and trick the keeper s**t, just hit the god damned target.
JFC took the first and scored, why didn't he take the second, he would have been all buoyed up for it.

Did any of the local journos (no names need to be mentioned) ask CH the most obvious question after the game?

"Chris who was the nominated penalty taker for the game?"

Sure I don't need to spell out the follow on questions....

But I am guessing no one asked

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Did any of the local journos (no names need to be mentioned) ask CH the most obvious question after the game?

Honest answer they didn't know because they are a bunch of idiots

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I gather Warren more or less said COG was tripe? COG vs. Warren - I wouldn't fancy Warren's chances against fit young footballer COG, should they meet, and COG objected to Warren's comments.

I was listening to BBC Sussex and he was getting so angry with O'grady, he was then told to calm down as he could break the microphone. Made me laugh. Did he really have that bad of a game ? I know he missed the pen by miles

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I was listening to BBC Sussex and he was getting so angry with O'grady, he was then told to calm down as he could break the microphone. Made me laugh. Did he really have that bad of a game ? I know he missed the pen by miles

Just seen the highlights. Poor pen. Your always in trouble if you decide to lift it as opposed to keeping it low and in the corners. 95% of the time! straight down the middle low with pace works just fine.

And what was ince doing for the second. Completely lost his man and just jogged back in.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems our first team is up to scratch but most of the rest of the squad are still League One quality?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Acker79 said:
And if he missed? It would have been so obvious. The keeper would have known he was going to that side because he did it last time/he wouldn't hit it in the same place both times (*Delete as appropriate). If O'Grady had scored, as he did the last penalty he took for us, no one would question the idea of different penalty takers.

Last year JFC took 2 penalties at Swindon, scoring both. Yesterday, he was brought down for the first, so he took it. COG was brought down for the second, so he took it. I didn't see much evidence of arguing about the taker.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I felt for cog tonight as he was isolated. That said, I don't think we will ever see him in an Albion shirt again.

Pen was as bad as the Walsall stewards were at dealing with homophobic abuse.

There was no homophobic abuse it was no more than banter.
So it's ok for us to call them 'sheep shaggers' welsh and others but then
They come back with "does your boyfriend know your here"
Makes it homophobic? Jeez. We support a team who comes from a city that
Willingly hosts one of the biggest gaY parades of the year

If you think that last night was homophobic best you stay home with your
Teddy beat hot chocolate and radio Sussex.

Ps the stewards were tossers for not letting people out via the fire escape
Next to the toilets...

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Seems our first team is up to scratch but most of the rest of the squad are still League One quality?

Some of them are questionable for lg1. I can understand the changes in our position both tactically and personnel but I think the players are lacking but I don't necessarily agree with them.

in defence Dunk cannot lead the CB pairing whenever he has been the experienced CB he has come up wanting he needs an old head to guide him I do hope this changes over time, COG cannot play up top on his own in a professional team and has no confidence what so ever. March is not yet ready to be a first team player until he develops a better end product. Ince, Holla and JFC in midfield has so little creativity it hurts.

Did we really learn anything new last night as most of these players were in and around the team last year, no just confirmed what most of us already knew.

Oh well onward and upward but not in this comp.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
U

Next to the toilets...
Whenever anyone mentions homophobic abuse, there is always someone else who quotes 'does your boyfriend know you're here'.
There were worse chants than that last night, which break the FA rules, ground regulations, not to mention the law of the land.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

They don't know enough about football to ask questions like that?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

Next to the toilets...

On that basis is it okay to chant racist abuse at Bradford or Leicester fans? It was more than the usual last night.

What about when they started shouting "spastic" at someone with special needs? Is that okay? Again the stewards did nothing until someone complained and even then it was pathetic.

Re staying at home with my teddy. I took my 6 yr old last night and he has said he does not want to go back to Walsall. Maybe he is soft but he has never complained before.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He's had a bad season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here