Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk Signs New 5-Year Contract

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Interesting where it leaves the other three centre backs as Dunk is a certain starter. We won't have shelled out nearly £2m for Hune to sit on the bench, so you'd imagine Greer will be demoted. But then Goldson would never have signed if he were to be left out of the squad completely would he? Can't see us having two centre backs on the bench...

dr415414

May 6, 2015
good news but keeping four CBs happy is going to be tricky
Think the club are planning ahead with GG in the last year of his contract. Really good to see and there now seems to be something of a long term strategy compared with last summer. The contrast is stark!!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Great news. Very strong at the back. All successful teams start at the back. A couple more signings and we could be well on the way.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Excellent news. Now for a triple whammy to finish off the transfer window: Tex, Vydra and Marshall would do me :albion:
If we somehow got all of those three, I genuinely believe we'd be on the road to the Premier League.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Did not expect this news. Going to be a very strong defence. Well done to keep hold of him.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

No different from any other position in the squad. Depth needed for a 46 game season. Greer on international duty too.
One or two will inevitably be injured, suspended, or lose form.
Rea will need to be recalled from loan if so.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Well we always said we needed 4 CBs and it looks like we have them. Team will benefit from great competition.

We could always play 3 CBs at the back with Bong and Bruno bombing forwards as wing backs, (I know, don't change a winning formula :smile: but food for thought)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
We look so strong at the back. Love it. Dunk must be one of the top earners now

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Very good news of course, but it really leaves a bitter taste in my mouth - the fact that he hasn't played for 3 games despite being under contract at this football club. And now he'll get a rapturous reception because he's accepted a new 5 year contract on some stupidly massive wage increase, given under duress. Modern football makes me want to spew sometimes.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
It is a squad game these days and the players are paid a small fortune. There will be cup games, injuries, loss of form and suspensions. On top of that CH will look to keep players fresh and sharp. If we are to reach the play offs there are even more games. It was not that long ago we were away to Derby in the play offs with Ward in central defence. We were caught out then, we need to try and avoid that happening again.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
cracking piece of news
just like signing a new player
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Very good news of course, but it really leaves a bitter taste in my mouth - the fact that he hasn't played for 3 games despite being under contract at this football club. And now he'll get a rapturous reception because he's accepted a new 5 year contract on some stupidly massive wage increase, given under duress. Modern football makes me want to spew sometimes.

Or be thankful one of the brightest young centre half outside of the Prem wants to give his best years to his boyhood club!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Six visits to the 'Donate a Baseball Cap' thread later and I finally made it. Great news on Dunky.

Using a phone per chance??:lol:

I'm constantly clicking on wrong threads and visiting author pages. I really should set the default display to mobile.....

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
This is really good news, for the players to believe that the club is serious about trying to get promoted then refusing to sell your best players to league rivals is one way to show them. I hope by the end of the transfer window we have a team with the belief and togetherness and have a much better season then last one.

It seems to confirms to me that the club learnt a lot last season and are doing everything they can not to replicate it. Bloody well done :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Or be thankful one of the brightest young centre half outside of the Prem wants to give his best years to his boyhood club!
I am thankful as I think he's a good player. Just don't expect me to be gushing over him like he's one of our own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here