Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering tonight

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Arrived at 6:45. Ordered the chicken & chorizo pie as part of the £9 deal. This initiated a huge search around the kiosk for the pie ending in a "sorry they're in the oven". Settled for steak. I then reminded the server I was waiting for my pint and similar for my Mars Bar. I was invited to get the mars bar myself so I had to point out customers don't have access to it their side of the kiosk.

I fancied another point but the queue was huge and seemingly not moving.

Big half time queues too when the 2nd half kicked off

I don't think WSU was the place to be for the hungry / thirsty supporter last night...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No pizza in East Stand Upper.
I believe the different styles of 'street food' rotate between different stands.

So pizza would have only been in one concourse and will be in a different one next match. ???

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Not good. I am prepared to be tolerant early in the season as new staff bed in with a changed menu but last night was comical in the North.

The cheese and onion pasty was a let-down and very poor value for money. Feedback will be on its way to the club.

As has been said already they do not have a very large range of,products so I would have thought part of the training would be "this is what we sell" and "this is where you find it". My first attempt to buy a pasty failed.

Me "Please can I have a cheese and onion pasty?"
Server - blank look
Me "a cheese and onion pasty"
Server - "cheese nuggets?"
Me "pasty"
Server - blank look, calls manager
Manager " no pasty"
Me "ok I'll try another kiosk"

At the second kiosk the guy in front me ordered Harvey's and got Fosters's.

I successfully ordered a pasty but the server had to ask a manager where to find them.

We have the most expensive food in the league. It should be good quality and service.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
We need machines that dispense beer in seconds

Or a catering team that have the nous to spend the first half cooking pies, addressing the shortages across the outlets and pouring shed load of pints before half time and placing them near the vendors.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Nearly broke a tooth on the cheese and onion pasty. Absolutely minging

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Every pie burger or pastry was in a paper bag even early in the NS

No they weren't. Maybe they ran out earlydoors. Got to NS about half six because I didn't trust the trains not to do a wobbly on me, but pie from NS middle kiosk came in polystyrene container, same as always.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My daughter had the new pizza and was really impressed with it: she's a big fan of the steak pies but she says the pizza was better. Impressed with the lack of queues in the North Stand too, got served straight away

The ratio of catering outlets and available stock to punters in the NS has to be the highest of anywhere in the ground shirley. Very impressive.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm really, really worried about this. It was, without doubt, the worst cheese and onion pasty I've ever had.

Are there no veggie pies now.

Me, Mrs Earle and Earle sprog have the same routine each match. Spoke to a Sodexo manager who said most people have the same routine. Now the best pies have gone, my routine is broken. Trouble is, my new routine might not include anything at The Amex now. Nobody likes change, Sodexo obiously know this but are prepared to take the risk. Halftime queues in WSL were ridiculous so cross off a halftime snack now.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
The cheese and onion pasty was horrible - hard pastry and a dry potato filling. I thought it was going to be as well as the usual veggie pie, not instead of!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"A new cheese-and-onion pasty has already got taste buds buzzing and is the toast of our vegetarian fans in Internet chat rooms and on social media.
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/mouth-watering-line-up-at-the-amex-this-season-2585214.aspx#L2WSvHGFU6dyqPlP.99"

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
"A new cheese-and-onion pasty has already got taste buds buzzing and is the toast of our vegetarian fans in Internet chat rooms and on social media.
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/mouth-watering-line-up-at-the-amex-this-season-2585214.aspx#L2WSvHGFU6dyqPlP.99"

It should have been great! I don't know how they managed to get it so wrong.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Poor service in ESL not a fan of the chicken and chorizo nor is the boy bring back the chicken and ham!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Whilst the Harveys tasted good the girl serving us poured out not much more than 3/4 pint. I pointed out that at Amex prices I expected a full pint and she grudgingly topped me up.

No comment re food as queues to long

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No they weren't. Maybe they ran out earlydoors. Got to NS about half six because I didn't trust the trains not to do a wobbly on me, but pie from NS middle kiosk came in polystyrene container, same as always.

The NW kiosk had no containers you could see the cabinets were full of food in paper bags at 18-45

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The ratio of catering outlets and available stock to punters in the NS has to be the highest of anywhere in the ground shirley. Very impressive.

There won't be if you go shouting about it :annoyed: we've kept it quiet for the last 4 years

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There won't be if you go shouting about it :annoyed: we've kept it quiet for the last 4 years

Have to say I thought long and hard before posting that well-kept secret. Tho not long or hard enough. My bad. I hereby sentence myself to a month of eating nothing but cheese and onion pasties :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here