Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jesse Lingard

albionite

May 20, 2009
2.5m is too much didn't rate him much apart from the odd game. Don't think the Derby fans thought he was all that either.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I think Lingard would be a great signing to complement Bobby (praise be on him) . Lingard showed ,for me , great pace and crossing ability. It does not seem to be a done deal yet at Bristol, surely we could tempt him here?

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Like so many who came here, he was played out of position.

I remember seeing him play for the ENG U21's a couple of times and thinking he is the tits.

£2m + is a lot though...

Would welcome a 6 month loan though. Just until Harper is up and running like...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Thought he did okay for us, especially towards the end, but don't think he's worth £2.5 million at the moment. However, I suppose you'd be buying him for his potential rather than because he's worth that at the moment. Given our budget, I wouldn't want to spend that much on him, especially as we've signed a few young attacking players with potential this summer already e.g. Ward, Hambo and Harper.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would much rather spend the money on him than the Blackburn lad.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I was pretty fond of Lingard, clever player.

£2.5m is probably about a million more than I would would like to pay though.

Unlike the majority on here, I think that is cheap for a player of his age and his quality. That said, I still think we need a more orthodox winger than him, but wouldn't be upset if we got him. I suspect he'll be sold for more than £2.5m in the future.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'd go to 3.5 million for him...if I had the money :smile:

Why?

Had this discussion yesterday. 4-5 good games in a poor team. He's okay, but if he is as good as everyone thinks, he should have stood out a lot more (poor players or not). Another Conway for me, people seem blinded by the last couple of good games, when the majority of the time he was decidedly average and actually quite poor on several occasions.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Unlike the majority on here, I think that is cheap for a player of his age and his quality. That said, I still think we need a more orthodox winger than him, but wouldn't be upset if we got him. I suspect he'll be sold for more than £2.5m in the future.

Beat me to it! I think this young man still learning his trade will develop into a real quality player. If he leaves MU his next choice could be crucial in his development. Would be very happy to see him sign for us at the right price.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Well obviously, but Tex isn't being sold for £2.5 million is he.

He may well be being sold the way Liverpool are buying players in this transfer window - Tony Kroos is the latest player they're linked with who would push him further down the AM pecking order.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Buy him!

Championship players who want to and are likely to achieve their premiership ambition yet play in this division are worth it. The problem is getting them to join. Once they join they raise the ambition of the entire team. A few of those in our team to join Dunk and the entire team starts looking up.

We have a lot of players with potential. We need a few obviously they are going to make it players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here