Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sevilla not a big draw or sale of tickets wrong

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This will be my first friendly since the 1990's simply because a 400 mile round trip for a training match has never appealed. This year however one of my grandsons asked about the game as he follows European football avidly. It ended up with me shelling out for a party of four but I am really looking forward to it for reasons that are nothing to do with football.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm going as i'd quite like to see Sevilla ..its at a time that wont cause me to lose any work (Saturday afternoons do) ..so quite happy personally.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'm going as its an opportunity to meet up with some mates, have a couple of beers, sit in the sun (fat chance) and watch a bit of football.
As far as tickets go I can't help thinking that opening WSL and the North stand would've been just as easy to do and given people the option to sit at an end rather than a side.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As far as tickets go I can't help thinking that opening WSL and the North stand would've been just as easy to do and given people the option to sit at an end rather than a side.

Yup, schoolboy error not opening the North. Tho I guess the club might yet panic and open it earlydoors over the weekend.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yup, schoolboy error not opening the North. Tho I guess the club might yet panic and open it earlydoors over the weekend.

Why would they do that? Opening an extra stand at the last minute, when there is already more than enough capacity to put extra bums on seats in the areas that ARE open, would mean bringing in extra stewards, extra catering staff etc. etc.

I really can't see the club being prepared to do that.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

Are there really people that aren't going cos they can't go in the North? I am a North Stand STH but I am quite looking forward to seeing the view from the East Stand. I am mostly disappointed that they aren't opening one of the upper tiers which I've yet to experience.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why would they do that? Opening an extra stand at the last minute, when there is already more than enough capacity to put extra bums on seats in the areas that ARE open, would mean bringing in extra stewards, extra catering staff etc. etc.

I really can't see the club being prepared to do that.

Oh well :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Are there really people that aren't going cos they can't go in the North? I am a North Stand STH but I am quite looking forward to seeing the view from the East Stand. I am mostly disappointed that they aren't opening one of the upper tiers which I've yet to experience.

You'll be even more disappointed when you try and buy a beer in the East Stand and you find that they've only opened one catering kiosk to save a few bob and the queue is fifteen deep.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
You'll be even more disappointed when you try and buy a beer in the East Stand and you find that they've only opened one catering kiosk to save a few bob and the queue is fifteen deep.

The very reason they haven't opened a 3rd stand.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I'm going but what Is already going to annoy me is the 20 deep queues for a beer when two stands are shut. For any other game hundreds in the WSL are No shows for various reasons. For this game all have paid for the individual game so it could well be the highest attendance for the WSL for the whole season. It cannot cope gif a normal game do it is madness to keep 2 sides shut. This 'costs money' to open sides BUT who are the economic nincompoops that cannot realise that the hundreds of pints of beer that will go unsold because of huge queues leaving many unsatisfied punters. Who will be counting the 'lost' pints I wonder? Adding in the fact that before the competent Uni staff return the staff are an absolute shower of incompetence that manage to take minutes over seconds it just begs the question WHY?
Why jam everyone in & then fail to deliver and reasonable standard. Who is going to tell Tony not what the takings were but what they could have been?
There are NO excuses for the chaos that will ensue, it is planned and stuff the lot of us

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

A wonderful opportunity for Sodexo to train up the new recruits too :lol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm going but what Is already going to annoy me is the 20 deep queues for a beer when two stands are shut. For any other game hundreds in the WSL are No shows for various reasons. For this game all have paid for the individual game so it could well be the highest attendance for the WSL for the whole season. It cannot cope gif a normal game do it is madness to keep 2 sides shut. This 'costs money' to open sides BUT who are the economic nincompoops that cannot realise that the hundreds of pints of beer that will go unsold because of huge queues leaving many unsatisfied punters. Who will be counting the 'lost' pints I wonder? Adding in the fact that before the competent Uni staff return the staff are an absolute shower of incompetence that manage to take minutes over seconds it just begs the question WHY?
Why jam everyone in & then fail to deliver and reasonable standard. Who is going to tell Tony not what the takings were but what they could have been?
There are NO excuses for the chaos that will ensue, it is planned and stuff the lot of us

I'd just forget it and go down the pub instead chap.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Just saw on the local news, Derby's friendly with Villarreal attracted over 17,000 last night. Adult tickets were a tenner. Is Albion's weekend game expected to generate similar numbers?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

The electric atmosphere will make up for it

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I looked at booking some tickets a couple of weeks back. Saw that only the west lower was being sold, thought about it, remembered Southampton last year, shuddered, and decided to wait and see how the signings panned out. Decided to go camping instead and keep my powder dry for the Forest game.
If the club really thought they would sell big on this on the back of last season and without any marquee signings then they really have become complacent as far as the fans are concerned. The down side is that they probably won't risk getting such high profile opposition again for future pre-seasons assuming that it actually costs us to host such teams. I don't know if that is the case or not.

Barber has stated that they are contractually obliged to field the strongest side available to them, so I would guess we are paying for their appearance.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I have not thought much about it. It is the summer, there is lots going on. If there was excitement building around the new season I might have factored it in. As it is I will wait for Forest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here