Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Europe again. Unaccountable and undemocratic. This sums it up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Care to point to a source as the latest figure I can find is 340m Euros a year in 2013.

As suspected you've quoted the gross figure. Population of Norway is 5 million people. So this makes their net contribution per head what? And that sits them where?

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's as supported as yours....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/11221427/EU-budget-what-you-need-to-know.html

eu.JPG

"Nor is membership of the EEA without costs, she points out. Through it, Norway contributes €340 million a year to the EU"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-EU-example-really-an-option-for-Britain.html

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The people will vote and i am very confident the majority will want to stay in the EU. There will be a vocal minority who will rightly challenge and based wrongly on the hope for a simplier era epitomised by the empire and its power, before globalisation and our diminishing importance.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Thanks for the link. I was looking at this part
Millions of jobs could be lost as global manufacturers move to lower-cost EU countries. Britain's large foreign-owned car industry would shift into the EU and sectors linked to EU membership such as aerospace would also suffer. Airbus production could move to France and Germany, pro-EU commentators claim.

If production is cheaper in lower cost EU countries why haven't manufacturers already moved production from the UK. What's the difference for them if we left the EU?
Who should I listen too, our politicians or the boss of JCB
http://www.theguardian.com/politics...d-lift-burden-of-bureaucracy-on-uk-businesses

Yep, thank God for the EU and those big multi-nationals all based in the EU creating jobs……………..there are no jobs for those outside the EU (the EU protect their own right?).

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/bri...80m_EU_loan_for_Ford_s_Turkish_Transit_plant/

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Don't forget Italy flip flopped, Franco was officially neutral and pragmatic and at times aided both sides, and Hungary negotiated with the allies and was invaded in 1944. The pont remains that the next 70 years have not been entirely irrelevant to Europe's current make up and actually, through the process of chronology, more so. Feel free to move to North Korea btw.

I know, hence it not true that most of Europe could have been considered to be “allies” of Britain during the conflagration of WW2................our most reliable allies could be found elsewhere around the globe…………..God bless’em.

Franco may have hedged his bets, however he still sent the Blue Division (which included catholic Irish who fought for Franco in the civil war) to help the Germans in Russia, not sure he had sent a Spanish anti-fascist legion to the Allies too?

The next 70 years are not irrelevant, but then history does not stop and start it is just a running story.

As much as many on here would like, the EU has not replaced national interests…………….we may not be countries at war ever again, but national differences are settled in other ways. The weak will be oppressed by the strong………………those in Greece old enough to remember when they were last humiliated are confronting that reality again as they get another cut to their pensions and living standards.

Que…………….”Ode to Joy”.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Now I'm an accountant but I guess most people understand that the 'G' in GDP stands for gross. If I buy something for £10 and sell it for £10 my GDP for the sale is £10.
Are you sure you're an accountant?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
But this thread isn't about the fact that there's been an agreement, it's that the EU plan to use funds (including British funds) that they agreed they wouldn't use. That's what the fuss is about..

Again, nothing really to worry about, all sorted

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here