Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] First Ashes Test - England v Australia - Cardiff

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Some absolute dross being chucked down by the aussies who don't seem to be able to control the ball with all the swing.. Luckily for us.
Still can't get over the decision to bat though.
Bowling second and forth should benefit Ali, Starc really digs the pitch up with his follow through and it spins here. Shame we didn't play both spinners.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Could be a low scoring game with the variable bounce.

I can't understand why everyone wants to bowl just because it's cloudy. They haven't looked threatening at all so far. I also wouldn't fancy batting 4th on this, the ball is dying already, lbw is in play and we'll be Moore so in the 2nd innings

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Bowling second and forth should benefit Ali, Starc really digs the pitch up with his follow through and it spins here. Shame we didn't play both spinners.

I just feel these conditions would have suited our seamers. The Aussie quicks just dont have the control to be making the most of it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I just feel these conditions would have suited our seamers. The Aussie quicks just dont have the control to be making the most of it.
Anderson would have enjoyed the overhead conditions, but other than that it's pretty cold and a slow pitch. The fact Lyon is already bowling tells a story.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just needed to leave and use a straight bat until lunch. We've lost two wickets, first to an attempted clip to the leg side off a ball that was straight, second attempting to cut a ball straight after a break. Seriously, lets not make this easy for them.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Bell OUT

No review... looked plumb... full and straight from Starc, with a hint of late swing.

43-3

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bell never looked at ease in that little innings. Gah!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh FFS!

I was going to post "3 down before lunch" at the start of the thread, but didn't want to tempt fate :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here