Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What things annoy you - even though they shouldn't really?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tell you what, next time a thread like this pops up I'll bounce all the previous eight or so and that'll solve any such issues :lol:

Bouncing threads, like it's only allowed to discuss a topic onece, ever. The best discussions are usually those that get repeated in some shape or form [emoji3]

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Bouncing threads, like it's only allowed to discuss a topic onece, ever. The best discussions are usually those that get repeated in some shape or form [emoji3]

Agreed, just look at the Murray/Zamora/Ulloa threads :thumbsup:

For the record, I really don't mind thread topics coming back around again, that's NSC for you, it's just when this particular vein of thread has been done incessantly over the past six months it does start to wear a bit.

Then again, as the old saying goes, if you don't like the thread, don't post on it!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The middle aged woman in Tescos today who spent five minutes trying to choose a ready made salad. She parked her trolley across the aisle so no one could get near.
FFS!!!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Peoples TV habits, people going on about "have you seen this series" "oh i cant wait for the second season of ***"" "blah blah blah is starting soon"

Get my goat people who constantly watch tv every evening every day, absolutely nothing to do with me i know but it grinds my gears.

ilduc944

May 1, 2014
Absolutely this - Americanisms - another one creeping into everyday UK language is 'get go'. Anything sold or distributed over here that wasn't made in the US but still insists on using US English as well. Makes me MAD!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
When you ask someone the day, because for some reason you've forgotten, and the reply "Thursday. All day."

People who claim that you don't like their team, Chelsea say, or Man Utd., because you're "jealous".

Ring of Fire.

People who claim that Brighton's nothing special, and is in fact just like Basingstoke, or wherever.

John Bishop.

The "Dragons" on Dragons' Den.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I haven't read past the first post... but someone has said "can I get a coffee?" Yeah? :yawn:

People that don't bother to read past the OP. Is it too much to ask for them to read the whole thread, You wouldn't pick up a book ans just read the first chapter then go straight to the last page would you.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Women on Facebook who list their occupation as "full time mummy"

Women on Facebook who put "proudmummy" or similar variants into their actual name

Public transport offering "free wifi" that is totally unusable. Make it work or don't offer it!

People in Brighton who do their utmost to be "alternative", but only end up succeeding in looking like every other douche with stupid hair and a cravat in the middle of summer.

Anyone who uses "banter" or calls their mates their "squad". Anyone that thinks stuff is "cheeky", anyone who uses the term "bae"

The general public.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
People filming gigs on their phones. Why pay money for a gig and then watch it through a 6 inch screen? More to the point: put the ****ing phone away, I can't see the ****ing band!

Which segues nicely into my general whinge about people being so obsessed with capturing a moment with a selfie or a video or a witty Facebook update that they're not actually experiencing the moment.

Live your life people, stop documenting it!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
People filming gigs on their phones. Why pay money for a gig and then watch it through a 6 inch screen? More to the point: put the ****ing phone away, I can't see the ****ing band!

Which segues nicely into my general whinge about people being so obsessed with capturing a moment with a selfie or a video or a witty Facebook update that they're not actually experiencing the moment.

Live your life people, stop documenting it!

In a similar vein, people who pay to go to a comedy show, then spend the duration of the show (one that I might add has two intervals) sit right at the front and spend the whole show chatting with a friend, or checking facebook on their phones distracting the acts. Why not just go to the pub? The drinks aren't any cheaper, and you don't (generally) get charged to go in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here