Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What things annoy you - even though they shouldn't really?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
The fact that today in the US is National Ice Cream Day. Why can't we have one? Huh? On Thursday its National Hot Dog Day in the US. Again, I am deprived of the joy of filling my face with high fat crap to celebrate these special days.

These things annoy me and make me very cross indeed........

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Those Vape things people use instead of cigarettes(?). There's something about the way people walk around holding them in their mouths as if they are holding their breath. The people I know who use them seemingly have them stuck in their mouth almost all the time. Way more frequently than they ever had a cigarette.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
People assuming that because I am from Brighton that I am either Gay,Gay friendly or know loads of Gay people.

I am actually Gay ambivalent.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Parents letting their kids work the self service tills. If I'd wanted to stand for ten minutes watching an idiot try and figure out how to scan a lettuce I'd have gone to the manned tills.

Firstly, I work with adults with learning disabilities.

When we go shopping, if they are able, i let my clients scan their own shopping, i dont care if it takes a bit longer, or a lot longer. The fact is it is giving them a small piece of independance. You have no idea the sense of acheivement some of my clients get by being able to do something as small as this for themselves.

As for kids, it teaches hand eye co ordination and development, people have got to learn somewhere. There are usually an entire bank of these self service tills and if my kid, or client i'm with is using ONE of them for a bit longer than your accepted wait time, i personally couldn't give two ****s. Learn some patience and humility, the world is not about you.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Whenever I open a packet of pills, I always seem to get the end where the instruction leaflet is folded over and I can't extract the blister pack of pills without first removing the the leaflet, or then opening the other end, so I can extract said pack without disturbing the location of the leaflet, thus allowing efficient recycling cometh the time. Why can't there be a little mark on the packet letting you know which end to open first?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Companies that phone you that you are a customer of, bank, insurance company etc.
And after asking are you Mr xxxxx, then go on to say, "before we can go any further i need you to confirm some personal details", when counteracting this with firstly, "you phoned me so can you confirm who you are before i give out my personal details potentially to a stranger" , ie asking them what is the last 2 digits of the account number that wish to talk about or the 3 digits of the registration of the vehicle they wish to discuss they reply "we cant do that because of the data protection act" !!
give me strength.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
People using the words buddy, pal or matey. Or mate passive aggressively (a la Russell Brand).
Tins from Infinity Food which are about £8 but don't open properly.
Those resealable bags some bread and stuff comes in and never work.
People who use punctuation to create smiley faces when messaging. Actually that one's justifiably annoying.
Racecourses.
White socks.
Pink t-shirts.
Travis.
The way some press officers have taken to putting "hope you are really well" at the intro to their emails. What does this mean? Are they unconvinced that I am well and questioning whether I really am of relatively sound health, or are they hoping I'm better than just well - in rude health - and, if so, why would they care so much about the welfare of someone they don't know personally and who is not in immediate need of such intense well-wishing. It seems more passive aggressive the more I over-analyse it.
People in positions of seniority managing people when they demonstrably cannot manage their own personal hygiene or weight.

HOFNSKIN

Feb 12, 2012
Worthing main branch of MORRISONS, making customers wait excessive time to process shopping through checkouts, while having numerous tills not working, and staff gossiping or having ridiculous meetings in front of waiting customers. ASDA @ FERRING process customers immediately, and have received my £100 a week custom for the past two years.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
People using the words buddy, pal or matey. Or mate passive aggressively (a la Russell Brand).
Tins from Infinity Food which are about £8 but don't open properly.
Those resealable bags some bread and stuff comes in and never work.
People who use punctuation to create smiley faces when messaging. Actually that one's justifiably annoying.
Racecourses.
White socks.
Pink t-shirts.
Travis.
The way some press officers have taken to putting "hope you are really well" at the intro to their emails. What does this mean? Are they unconvinced that I am well and questioning whether I really am of relatively sound health, or are they hoping I'm better than just well - in rude health - and, if so, why would they care so much about the welfare of someone they don't know personally and who is not in immediate need of such intense well-wishing. It seems more passive aggressive the more I over-analyse it.
People in positions of seniority managing people when they demonstrably cannot manage their own personal hygiene or weight.
I agree with most of that Buddy :)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Companies that phone you that you are a customer of, bank, insurance company etc.
And after asking are you Mr xxxxx, then go on to say, "before we can go any further i need you to confirm some personal details", when counteracting this with firstly, "you phoned me so can you confirm who you are before i give out my personal details potentially to a stranger" , ie asking them what is the last 2 digits of the account number that wish to talk about or the 3 digits of the registration of the vehicle they wish to discuss they reply "we cant do that because of the data protection act" !!
give me strength.

Oh I agree, the last call went like this.

Lonney: You called me, I am not obliged to give you information the onus is on you to confirm who you are.

Them: without answering the questions I wont be able to contnue the call.

looney: Oh ok bye then!

Remember unless its a returned call they are calling because they want something. Tell them where to go I do.:)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Firstly, I work with adults with learning disabilities.

When we go shopping, if they are able, i let my clients scan their own shopping, i dont care if it takes a bit longer, or a lot longer. The fact is it is giving them a small piece of independance. You have no idea the sense of acheivement some of my clients get by being able to do something as small as this for themselves.

As for kids, it teaches hand eye co ordination and development, people have got to learn somewhere. There are usually an entire bank of these self service tills and if my kid, or client i'm with is using ONE of them for a bit longer than your accepted wait time, i personally couldn't give two ****s. Learn some patience and humility, the world is not about you.

Hence my post being in a thread titled "Things that annoy you that REALLY SHOULDN'T.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here