Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Alan Carr - being CAMP doesn't make you funny
Sarah Millican - being a Geordie doesn't make you funny
Keith Lemon - being THICK doesn't make you funny
Annabel Port - If you ever listen to the Home Time Show on Absolute Radio you'll know how unfunny she is

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Lee Mack is v funny in my book, both stand up and Not Going Out. Went to see his stage show and it was brilliant. But like any comedian, not everyone's thing.

For me, Miranda is pretty annoying and not very funny.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I would,nt say Russell Brand.....he is not even a comedian...or his namesake Jo...sorry,but todays modern efforts of being funny is to get on stage,swear and shout...and they think it is humour...yes I know I,m advancing in years,but the older style of comedy was far superior in my opinion...but the king of stand-ups was an american...Richard Prior.

Would that be the Richard Prior who used to get up on stage and swear a lot. (although I do agree he is one of the all time best, particularly Richard Pryor- Live in Concert)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I think I may be the only person here to like Russell Howard. I can see why people get annoyed by him, but he's very good live. I also find Lee Mack quite funny, though Mrs Grombleton isn't a fan. Simon Evans is brilliant too. I like Izzard but wasn't a fan of his last tour which stopped at the Brighton Centre, didn't laugh as much as I'd hoped.

I've never got Peter Kay. We get it, you're northern.
I saw Jimmy Carr a few years back and it felt like he was just trying to be edgy for the sake of it.
Russell Kane is terribly unfunny
Alan Carr is awful
Keith Lemon...I know he's only a character but Celebrity Juice is painful to watch.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
The one I do really like is Stuart Francis with his one liners. And if we're allowed to go back to the beginning of comedy as entertainment, for me, Laurel & Hardy were geniuses!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Lee Mack is v funny in my book, both stand up and Not Going Out. Went to see his stage show and it was brilliant. But like any comedian, not everyone's thing.

For me, Miranda is pretty annoying and not very funny.
Weird, they're both the same type of slapstick one-liner comedIan!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
But there are some very funny female comedians. So perhaps he has some issues with women?

Or maybe he just finds female comedians unfunny. I find most of them fairly bland.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I know it's not a person but a show, but Mrs Brown's Boys is by far the worst 'comedy' program I've ever seen.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Maybe its about the time and the place, but I've watched re-runs of the 'classic' Morecambe and Wise Christmas Specials (aired during the mid to late 1970s) and they are not funny.

There, I've said it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Maybe its about the time and the place, but I've watched re-runs of the 'classic' Morecambe and Wise Christmas Specials (aired during the mid to late 1970s) and they are not funny.

There, I've said it.

I'm with you. I find a lot of classic comedy funny, your Hancocks, your Coopers but M&W just never made me laugh. In fact I find them somehow quite depressing.
I'm probably in the minority but I never found Monty Python remotely amusing, the tv series or the films. I know it broke new ground etc but just doesn't tickle me. Fawlty Towers is another one I cannot stand. It's been on recently again and I rewatched them all thinking maybe I missed something, nope, still found it tedious apart from the odd line here and there.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

There, I've said it.
spot on, I've never found them remotely funny, dick emery on the other hand.......

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I'm with you. I find a lot of classic comedy funny, your Hancocks, your Coopers but M&W just never made me laugh. In fact I find them somehow quite depressing.
I'm probably in the minority but I never found Monty Python remotely amusing, the tv series or the films. I know it broke new ground etc but just doesn't tickle me. Fawlty Towers is another one I cannot stand. It's been on recently again and I rewatched them all thinking maybe I missed something, nope, still found it tedious apart from the odd line here and there.
we agree again .

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's a mad world Mizen!

I recall Sean Locke as funny but I saw his latest stand up and didn't even raise a snigger. Diabolical.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Some Python is very funny IMHO. The argument sketch is top notch comedy which still makes me laugh to this day. I never liked the films though.

But yeah, forget M&W, if it's a double act then it's The Two Ronnies all the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here