Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons Worthing is a great place to live

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Thieves Kitchen, Old England, Cider Bar and on the way out Henty Arms made a trip bearable a few years back, at least it had a few decent shops now it looks likes its competing with Littlehampton.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Very much picked up here recently. An evening at Anchored followed by a Meal at Thai Street food with the glorious eccentric Yamin takes a lot of beating.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
2/Tesco Durrington - A freak show to rival any Walmart

It can't be as good as the Boundary Road one. Went there at about 7pm last night to see a family of three plus a toddler. Leading them was "Nanna" who was so pissed she yelled "I'll give you a blow job" at the security guard and then fell over. Guess which one was in charge of the child? :facepalm:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It can't be as good as the Boundary Road one. Went there at about 7pm last night to see a family of three plus a toddler. Leading them was "Nanna" who was so pissed she yelled "I'll give you a blow job" at the security guard and then fell over. Guess which one was in charge of the child? :facepalm:

sorry about that,i do try to persuade the family not to go out after 6pm......but are you sure it was a tesco in boundary road?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Do you know if Tesco are recruiting? I can do security :D

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
sorry about that,i do try to persuade the family not to go out after 6pm......but are you sure it was a tesco in boundary road?

It's IN Station Road but the locals, in an admirable display of not giving a tuppeny f:censored: call it "Boundary Road Tescos"

Do you know if Tesco are recruiting? I can do security :D

Any port in a storm

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Pretty decent this morning. Live jazz, Mexican breakfast burritos and it's beautifully warm.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435485263.864835.jpg

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Namechecked in the magnificent 'The Next Life' by Suede. Probably my favourite song by my second favourite Brett.

It's also where I started my 'professional' career by taking a 50% pay cut to move from running the Adult Store just down from Brighton station to becoming a chartered accountant.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii

I won't ask how the new job as a security guard is going then.

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I
The above plus
Affordable houses.
Cleaner streets
Cheaper parking
No bike lanes
No Ridiculous speed limits
Sensible council

Survived 5years in Worthing... (Just) Driven there by economic necessity
So happy to be out of there and back in civilised Hove

For me Worthing is/has

Chav Central
Lack of decent pubs
Lack of decent restaurants
The A27
Guildbourne Centre/Montegue Street

And having to spend a fortune on late night taxi's in order to return from nights out in Brighton

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Interesting how the 20 houses/hotels on the seafront that were boarded up and/or needed painting for three decades are all doing it this year (& that includes the marvellous cerise/Vegas house)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I

Survived 5years in Worthing... (Just) Driven there by economic necessity
So happy to be out of there and back in civilised Hove

For me Worthing is/has

Chav Central
Lack of decent pubs
Lack of decent restaurants
The A27
Guildbourne Centre/Montegue Street

And having to spend a fortune on late night taxi's in order to return from nights out in Brighton

lack of decent pubs......???

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No one has mentioned the downs. In five minutes you can be walking on Cissbury Ring, The South Downs Way, Highdown. Personally prefer that to the beach.

Biggest downside is the shopping. But that's why we have Brighton.

Worthing is definitely on the up though. If the Teville Gate development is done well it will be an added bonus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here