Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Stupid question I know, but unless we sell anyone, do we really need to sign anyone?

Just asking for a friend

The lad from Chelsea, Levi Colwill, seems on our radar.
If Cucu stays then no need for a replacement. If he goes then we’ll need to replace him.
Also, are we after a Straight Bissouma Defensive midfielder replacement.
I think we’ve shown an interest in Mohamed Camara but I think that Leeds are front runners for him.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Colwill would be a great signing. Left footed, ball playing, very big CB can blag it as LB. Good age.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The lad from Chelsea, Levi Colwill, seems on our radar.
If Cucu stays then no need for a replacement. If he goes then we’ll need to replace him.
Also, are we after a Straight Bissouma Defensive midfielder replacement.
I think we’ve shown an interest in Mohamed Camara but I think that Leeds are front runners for him.
It would appear not

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Interesting article in Sunday Times along lines that fans are too impatient for signings and that 3-4 per season is optimal, else the existing balance of the squad is unduly changed. The two teams (unheard ofs from Turkey and Bulgaria) that had most signings relative to squad size were both relegated.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Interesting article in Sunday Times along lines that fans are too impatient for signings and that 3-4 per season is optimal, else the existing balance of the squad is unduly changed. The two teams (unheard ofs from Turkey and Bulgaria) that had most signings relative to squad size were both relegated.

just us and leicester yet to make a first team signing this window (unless you count enciso, in which case just leicester).

but tbh I'm not sure how much value there is in an 'optimal' number, as each club is in an entirely different scenario, such as everton, who need pretty much a new first 11 save one or two like gordon, or us, who'd probably still finish 15th-10th without signing anyone. it's generally when clubs have successively poor windows that trouble starts.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've got to the stage where I almost don't want to sign anybody. Yeh, I know ........... but .................

We've got so many players coming in I want to see given a chance and do well - Sarmiento, Mitouma, Van Hecke, Alzate, Ferguson, Kizlowski, Offiah, etc. Yeh, I know, it doesn't work like that, but ..................................................

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We've got the core of our transfer purchases done with Enciso and Adringra.

- Maybe, but hopefully not, we'll need to replace Cucurella.

- There is also a Duffy/Clarke/New signing battle for a squad place.

- We might even sign a keeper - if Scherpen and McGill are elsewhere.

Not much else, I suspect.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
We've got the core of our transfer purchases done with Enciso and Adringra.

- Maybe, but hopefully not, we'll need to replace Cucurella.

- There is also a Duffy/Clarke/New signing battle for a squad place.

- We might even sign a keeper - if Scherpen and McGill are elsewhere.

Not much else, I suspect.

and perhaps a new left back regardless of cucurella going/staying, if you believe andy naylor

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Incomings are clearly based on outgoings with this squad BUT the club will take advantage if a player is available at the right price.

After the Bassey rumours, it’s clear that we are trying t to get a top player in to replace Burn, I don’t think Clarke is destined to be our new left footed centre back.

It’s possible Cucu might stay this window but he is good enough to play for any team in the world so you have to assume at some point in the next year or two, someone will meet TB’s valuation. Therefore, as Naylor has hinted, a LB could be incoming.

There is also the Camara rumour. He is a special type of player that perhaps we need now Biss has gone?

Lastly, there is the Striker thing. Don’t be surprised to see an incoming player (maybe on the last year of their contract) of the club can get a good deal somewhere. I think we’d balance that off with an outgoing player though.

We don’t really have to dip our toe into the market but our incomings could be…….

- LCB Colwill
- LWB Tagliafico
- CM Camara
- ST Kalajdžić

Alternatively, we sign no one. Clarke takes the LCB role, Cucu stays and we don’t sign cover, Caicedo or Mac Allister take the Biss role and Maupay signs a contract extension enabling us to keep him rather than cash in and replace him like we did with Yves.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I've got to the stage where I almost don't want to sign anybody. Yeh, I know ........... but .................

We've got so many players coming in I want to see given a chance and do well - Sarmiento, Mitouma, Van Hecke, Alzate, Ferguson, Kizlowski, Offiah, etc. Yeh, I know, it doesn't work like that, but ..................................................

I wonder if it will work like that this season. This seems to be the way we are set up so giving these players game time seems logical. Not just for them to improve but also to convince our youngsters to stay (and not leave for Chelsea) and other youngsters to join us, safe in the knowledge that first team football is a realistic goal at Brighton.

An exciting season coming up I feel.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Incomings are clearly based on outgoings with this squad BUT the club will take advantage if a player is available at the right price.

After the Bassey rumours, it’s clear that we are trying t to get a top player in to replace Burn, I don’t think Clarke is destined to be our new left footed centre back.

It’s possible Cucu might stay this window but he is good enough to play for any team in the world so you have to assume at some point in the next year or two, someone will meet TB’s valuation. Therefore, as Naylor has hinted, a LB could be incoming.

There is also the Camara rumour. He is a special type of player that perhaps we need now Biss has gone?

Lastly, there is the Striker thing. Don’t be surprised to see an incoming player (maybe on the last year of their contract) of the club can get a good deal somewhere. I think we’d balance that off with an outgoing player though.

We don’t really have to dip our toe into the market but our incomings could be…….

- LCB Colwill
- LWB Tagliafico
- CM Camara
- ST Kalajdžić

Alternatively, we sign no one. Clarke takes the LCB role, Cucu stays and we don’t sign cover, Caicedo or Mac Allister take the Biss role and Maupay signs a contract extension enabling us to keep him rather than cash in and replace him like we did with Yves.

I think the LCB and LWB/LB will be the same player. That's the only position I expect us to bring a player in for unless Clark shows himself to be a good enough CB and is capable of playing/filling in at LB.

I think we have enough in the other areas to go with what we have. Unless we look particularly weak in pre season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Today we have a date with destiny.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

Totally with you on this. These players have to be given a chance sooner or later. I would rather it be with Albion.

I am not expecting any big signings, unless anyone leaves. I think the Chilian youngster might be a possibility.

I am looking forward to the new season. Europe here we come!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here