Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I would say he fits "Potterball" perfectly. He is so intelligent he can do a job almost anywhere on the pitch. I'll tell you who DOESN'T fit Potterball - Lallana. 54 appearances, 1 goal, 2 assists, not strong enough for a DCM berth, not productive enough for an ACM berth, not pacy enough to play out wide.

Although his goal return has been disappointing, there have been plenty of games among those 54 where Lallana has run the midfield. The style has become more effective as the other midfielders have become more adept at moving the ball in the way Lallana does. Hopefully the improvement will sustain / continue and we may be looking back on his time with us in the same way Liverpool fans do about his time with them. He is an incredibly intelligent and technically excellent ball player who has been key in helping his teammates deliver on his manager's intentions.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Although his goal return has been disappointing, there have been plenty of games among those 54 where Lallana has run the midfield. The style has become more effective as the other midfielders have become more adept at moving the ball in the way Lallana does. Hopefully the improvement will sustain / continue and we may be looking back on his time with us in the same way Liverpool fans do about his time with them. He is an incredibly intelligent and technically excellent ball player who has been key in helping his teammates deliver on his manager's intentions.

This.

Driving us forward, instinctively it’s the only way he knows to play the game.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nailed it

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

we may look back and feel he was under-appreciated but I'd be very surprised if we end up looking back on him the same way as a club where he won a league title and a champions league

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A couple of years ago, when he knocked us out of the League Cup, I'd have snapped your hand off for Juan Mata. At his best, he was one of the finest midfielders in Europe. Like Lallana, I can see that he could be the sort of pro you might want to have around the club to help bring youngsters through. He's won trophies throughout his career, including the Champions League and, alright, he was a squad player, but he's won the bloody World Cup! I can't see him playing the number of games that Pascal still can, but if the club see some advantage in bringing him in, then great.

I'd have him over Lallana in a heartbeat. Two major reasons to that, (a) he's not a walking sicknote and (b) he actually knows how to put the ball in the net.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Nathan Ake. That’s who we should try and sign.

Doesn’t fit our business model. If we’re looking for a Cucurella replacement, we should probably have Melvin Bard high on our list. He’s been great for Nice and is only going to get better.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm surprised this 'catch all' thread had drifted down a few pages. Are things that quiet on the 'incoming' front?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here