Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
We have signed a striker in this window and in fairness the club must have a good opinion of him? not just to put him straight in to the first team squad but also to allow Viktor G to go out on loan as well?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We have signed a striker in this window and in fairness the club must have a good opinion of him? not just to put him straight in to the first team squad but also to allow Viktor G to go out on loan as well?

Now, now, enough of that. Less of your bolshie talk. We don't want any conscientious objectors on here. In your frilly knickers. This is NSC. Remember:

The club don't know what their doing

We're going down.

Barber OUT!!!

In fairness to the club? ??? **** me sideways :shrug:

#follow [MENTION=37204]the[/MENTION]clublandlord:cheers:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Now, now, enough of that. Less of your bolshie talk. We don't want any conscientious objectors on here. In your frilly knickers. This is NSC. Remember:

The club don't know what their doing

We're going down.

Barber OUT!!!

In fairness to the club? ??? **** me sideways :shrug:

#follow [MENTION=37204]the[/MENTION]clublandlord:cheers:

I dont want to be the mood killer but its a chance signing, no way around that. You can scout a player from the Swiss second division for a 100 games and there is still no way of knowing if he is eventually going to work out on PL level or not.

Its not bad making a few of these cheap signings (like van den Hecke and Zeqiri this summer or Baluta and Mlakar last year). If they turn out decent, you get the money back, and if only one in 20 of these signings turn into really good players, its likely to be worth it from the economic perspective.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fair enough, if the man has spoken then so be it.
I still think it’s a stunningly naive move to go forward with the idea that our back up strikers have less than 10 PL goals between them. Mac Allister and Alireza can’t get a game in their natural position so it seems perfectly reasonable they’d be suited to leading the line for us.

'Leading the line' isn't necessarily a requirement these days - playing 3-4-3/5-2-3 just needs three attacking players, as in Salah, Mane and Firminio at Liverpool, none of whom 'lead the line', and it could be Trossard, Ali J, and Mac Argie for us - and OK, I know they're not as good as Liverpool's front three!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
'Leading the line' isn't necessarily a requirement these days - playing 3-4-3/5-2-3 just needs three attacking players, as in Salah, Mane and Firminio at Liverpool, none of whom 'lead the line', and it could be Trossard, Ali J, and Mac Argie for us - and OK, I know they're not as good as Liverpool's front three!

I think that's the problem with some of the more 'mature' posters on here. They struggle to keep up with modern football techniques and tactics unlike us youngsters:wink:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Wouldn’t surprise me if we signed a striker and loaned them out.

Also, I’ve seen Southampton are looking at Gross, surely we aren’t that stupid to let that happen. Played under Hasenhuttl at Ingolstadt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

It’s just a turn of phrase.
Anyway, I appreciate your Liverpool analogy but isn’t it well known that Firmino plays centrally, with Salah playing from the right and Mane from the left, yes they’re all attackers but they still play defined roles. Maupay is our central operator of our attackers and is our most prolific source of goals, sure you can ask Mac Allister and Alireza to play there but I have serious reservations that it would be particularly productive, you could probably get way with playing Trossard there but then you need to fill the space that he leaves which is then 2 problems rather than one

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is this the biggest anti climax since the final episode of LOST?

You have just reminded me of the last episode of Millennium (first series is stunning). It was actually a regular episode of a series of the X files! WTAF?

This is what transfer deadline day looks like (and are those tats dolphins or sharks?). Spooky.

lance-henriksenjpg-cd583f8c881a0e50.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Whats the wrong side of 60?

I've been dreaming about retiring since I was 12.

You crack me up.

The wrong side of 60 is over 60. Trust me, it's shite :lolol:

When I was 12 I thought I'd be lucky to make it to 30. There again, I was a little peculiar. ???

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It’s just a turn of phrase.
Anyway, I appreciate your Liverpool analogy but isn’t it well known that Firmino plays centrally, with Salah playing from the right and Mane from the left, yes they’re all attackers but they still play defined roles. Maupay is our central operator of our attackers and is our most prolific source of goals, sure you can ask Mac Allister and Alireza to play there but I have serious reservations that it would be particularly productive, you could probably get way with playing Trossard there but then you need to fill the space that he leaves which is then 2 problems rather than one
But if we were playing Trossard in a front three, what would be the space he leaves anyway? If we play three at the back, with wing backs, and Trossard and Alzate as DMs that only leaves three places available, so Trossard is one of our three most advanced players anyway.
Agree the front three should have (flexibly) defined roles, but there are a lot of variations available. I'm not by any means saying it would be ideal, just that we do - just about - have the wherewithal to cover Maupay and Connolly if we absolutely have to. There's also Lallana and possibly Gross to add to the mix too.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
But if we were playing Trossard in a front three, what would be the space he leaves anyway? If we play three at the back, with wing backs, and Trossard and Alzate as DMs that only leaves three places available, so Trossard is one of our three most advanced players anyway.
Agree the front three should have (flexibly) defined roles, but there are a lot of variations available. I'm not by any means saying it would be ideal, just that we do - just about - have the wherewithal to cover Maupay and Connolly if we absolutely have to. There's also Lallana and possibly Gross to add to the mix too.

We really dont boss..... it will make a rod for own own backs.

The instinct of a striker and timing of runs into the box is just different to midfielders/wingers.

Yes, Tross and Ali J are capable of spectacular shots (as good midfielders are), but being in the right place for the scraps, tap ins etc is more instinctive for strikers.

If we lose either AC or NM we are going to struggle for enough goals. The midfielders may chip in with the odd one or two as they do now, but they just won’t make the same clever runs a natural striker will.

It’s not a fix at all imho

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We really dont boss..... it will make a rod for own own backs.

The instinct of a striker and timing of runs into the box is just different to midfielders/wingers.

Yes, Tross and Ali J are capable of spectacular shots (as good midfielders are), but being in the right place for the scraps, tap ins etc is more instinctive for strikers.

If we lose either AC or NM we are going to struggle for enough goals. The midfielders may chip in with the odd one or two as they do now, but they just won’t make the same clever runs a natural striker will.

It’s not a fix at all imho
I'm not advocating it. As I said, it's not ideal, and would only be used in emergencies. A fix, but not a very good one, if you prefer - but in the absence of NM and AC, at present it's the only game in town!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here