Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Just circumstantial evidence I suppose.

1. Ajax were rumoured to be after Pröpper last year, he seems like the perfect replacement for Van De Beek.

2. For me, Alzate is Pröpper’s replacement as a starter in midfield, that might happen on Monday or even as long as next season or the one after. Surely Pröpper would be at least interested in a return to his homeland and Champions League football.

3. We also have our number 1 midfielder in Bissouma and Stephens & Molumby (with the likes of White, Sanders, Lallana & Groß as central midfield back up).

4. I don’t think we want or need to sell Pröpper so I only think that there would be a deal if we’re after an Ajax player.

5. I’ve read a lot of sources saying that Tagliafico wants to leave and Ajax will sell.

6. There were very strong rumours around Chelsea and Leicester getting the Argie but they both now have their left backs.

7. If Tagliafico wants to go the Premier League desperately, he is running out of options.

8. Pröpper is injured. (suspiciously for me).

9. This sort of swap is going to take a long time to thrash out which is why it hasn’t happened now. I’ve got a feeling that Pröpper won’t play for us until the window closes if this move does not happen.

10. Veltman would know Tagliafico and be able to sell the club to him. In an ideal world, we are after left backs of this quality.

Hmmm not sure so about the Propper suspicions and really think Tagliafico is only going to a side that can offer European football. Not doubting Ajax may have an interest in Propper though.

Would also expect this to require Propper and fair amount of cash on top.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Potter just been talking about developing what we have rather than searching for a silver bullet.

That bloke from Almeria was the one and we were not prepared to blow Benfica away to 30m , we valued him at 23m tops then were out.

2 strikers it is then

I just posted a question about Potter's Response in the fan forum thread, But i will say it again here, because I would like to know other fans reaction. If potter thinks he can work miracles and get 10+ goals each out of our current players. Then why the hell couldn't we do that with andone and locadia. Instead of spending 20+ million on a championship striker.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Relegation beckons if they believe they can roll with two strikers for the season

I can't see that happening to be honest? I imagine we are the stage of the transfer window where clubs including us are waiting to sign players before they can let others go?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Relegation beckons if they believe they can roll with two strikers for the season

Well we've gone into the last three seasons with the weakest strike force in the division (barring Hudds in the first year) and got away with it.

We have a business model that ensures progression and we don't go bust. The flaw is that we don't get the strikers we need.

It just means that we are going to get relegated at some point but then hope to bounce back with promotion the next year.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I didn't read this back in January, no wonder Bloom has decided not to spend this window. Our recruitment team in the past has been shocking.

http://www.wearebrighton.com/newsop...est-net-spenders-on-transfer-fees-since-2015/

Firstly, who says Tony has decided not to spend this summer?

Secondly, our net spend is high because we choose not to sell our most saleable assets.

Thirdly, building a Premier League squad from scratch takes time and a shitload of cash.

Finally, not all transfers will be a success. This is true for all teams.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Firstly, who says Tony has decided not to spend this summer?

Secondly, our net spend is high because we choose not to sell our most saleable assets.

Thirdly, building a Premier League squad from scratch takes time and a shitload of cash.

Finally, not all transfers will be a success. This is true for all teams.

Damn you, with your so-called facts, and your measured assessment. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here