Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I would guess the Brewster one is dependant on Liverpool bringing in another striker as it was rumoured Klopp wanted Werner and is still keen to get one in. That could take us late into the window on this one.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
But to stay positive, Many HUGE money transfers happen on or around deadline day, Mostly due to clubs and agents squeezing the most out of there deals.
I'm going to hope that in order have ANY chance this season, This needs to happen.

Indeed.

I think that we’ll have to wait till the 17th October away at Palace to see the new Striker. Deadline day signing for sure now (I still think it’ll be a top Striker though).

Our window is going to be about departures over the next month with possibly Bernardo leaving as well as possibly Pröpper to Ajax, however, that one is probably dependant on Tagliafico coming the other way. The Ajax interest has been enough to keep Davy out of action in pre-season (I don’t buy the ‘niggle’), let’s see if the lure of Chelsea and the Premier League get him off his agent’s couch or if he remains stubbornly on his back dreaming of the de Godenzonen.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Indeed.

I think that we’ll have to wait till the 17th October away at Palace to see the new Striker. Deadline day signing for sure now (I still think it’ll be a top Striker though).

Our window is going to be about departures over the next month with possibly Bernardo leaving as well as possibly Pröpper to Ajax, however, that one is probably dependant on Tagliafico coming the other way. The Ajax interest has been enough to keep Davy out of action in pre-season (I don’t buy the ‘niggle’), let’s see if the lure of Chelsea and the Premier League get him off his agent’s couch or if he remains stubbornly on his back dreaming of the de Godenzonen.

You've mentioned Tagliafico before I think and you say it as though you're aware we have an interest. Do you know something on this, or is it just someone you would like to see come in?

Personally, with the teams that have been linked and the prices floated around, I don't think we have a chance. Both affording him and the player being at all interested. Would love to be wrong though.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Indeed.

Surely a 'top Striker' would already have been snapped-up by another team by deadline day?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Must have more defenders .......

Actually we only have 7 defenders in the squad ( if you don't count Yapi or Cochrane etc. and bit-part defenders like March and Alzate ).

Probably need to have 8.

I typed the comment as a humorous gasp with long gaps between each word. Very witty I thought. The gaps auto corrected when I posted making it sound like a serious comment, but hey ho. I couldn't be bothered to try and manual correct.:lolol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Potter just been talking about developing what we have rather than searching for a silver bullet.

That bloke from Almeria was the one and we were not prepared to blow Benfica away to 30m , we valued him at 23m tops then were out.

2 strikers it is then

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Our window is going to be about departures over the next month with possibly Bernardo leaving as well as possibly Pröpper to Ajax, however, that one is probably dependant on Tagliafico coming the other way. The Ajax interest has been enough to keep Davy out of action in pre-season (I don’t buy the ‘niggle’)

Oof. Careful invoking that name here...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You've mentioned Tagliafico before I think and you say it as though you're aware we have an interest. Do you know something on this, or is it just someone you would like to see come in?

Personally, with the teams that have been linked and the prices floated around, I don't think we have a chance. Both affording him and the player being at all interested. Would love to be wrong though.

Just circumstantial evidence I suppose.

1. Ajax were rumoured to be after Pröpper last year, he seems like the perfect replacement for Van De Beek.

2. For me, Alzate is Pröpper’s replacement as a starter in midfield, that might happen on Monday or even as long as next season or the one after. Surely Pröpper would be at least interested in a return to his homeland and Champions League football.

3. We also have our number 1 midfielder in Bissouma and Stephens & Molumby (with the likes of White, Sanders, Lallana & Groß as central midfield back up).

4. I don’t think we want or need to sell Pröpper so I only think that there would be a deal if we’re after an Ajax player.

5. I’ve read a lot of sources saying that Tagliafico wants to leave and Ajax will sell.

6. There were very strong rumours around Chelsea and Leicester getting the Argie but they both now have their left backs.

7. If Tagliafico wants to go the Premier League desperately, he is running out of options.

8. Pröpper is injured. (suspiciously for me).

9. This sort of swap is going to take a long time to thrash out which is why it hasn’t happened now. I’ve got a feeling that Pröpper won’t play for us until the window closes if this move does not happen.

10. Veltman would know Tagliafico and be able to sell the club to him. In an ideal world, we are after left backs of this quality.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Potter just been talking about developing what we have rather than searching for a silver bullet.

That bloke from Almeria was the one and we were not prepared to blow Benfica away to 30m , we valued him at 23m tops then were out.

2 strikers it is then

But he also said the club had a responsibility to look for players for during the transfer window so I don't think you can say that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agreed - he also said it was his responsibility to look after the players he has which you'd expect as Head Coach. It is up to the Recruitment team to find him new players. It was a slightly politician in the way he answered the question I think

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here