Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Just maybe the recruitment team don’t see him as a worthwhile risk (injury prone) or investment. I agree we desperately need at least one striker but I won’t start whinging (and I will) if we haven’t signed anybody by the time the window closes.

You are jumping the gun in slagging the recruitment team and the fans who have faith

But I keep saying there is an imperative to get a striker in BEFORE the season starts. It is not impossible and should be factored in as a justifiable criticism of the army of recruiters we have. Laughably, we currently have more recruitment heads than strikers (not my point, stolen from elsewhere), and it is beyond belief that a club that aspires to be top 10 is in our current position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I've suspected all along that [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to football finances. I bet you're far better qualified :lolol:

He made a sweeping assumption, qualified or not. He does NOT know Watkins demands, nor do you, nor do i.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I would say it is clear we wasted too much time and effort on Nunez, a target we failed to sign.

It is also clear we have wasted money trying to be clever on Locadia. And Andone is a strange one, talented but not sure how he passed our ‘no dickheads’ rule TBH, so a failure there too. We have only signed 1 striker who has been a success in the Prem years, and that is Maupay, so our striker success rate is shocking.

Disagree re Andone. Cost £5.5 million and scored a few crucial goals last season to help keep us up and the second goal at Watford this season, which was a big part in our win. And we may get our money back for him when fit.

You, like the rest of us, have no idea about how much we focused on Nunez. You just believe everything in the paper that helps with your moaning about our recruitment every single transfer window.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
So should we take your first post and sign Wilson, the second post and sign Watkins or the third post and just panic and sign anyone :lolol:

Actually, we should be in for both. We only need to sign one if you think Gyokeres is up to being 4th choice.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Speculation is not transfers. Villa, WBA, Fulham, W Ham, Newcastle, Palace and us all say they want a striker and by that logic they’ve all done the square root of **** all, as not one of them has yet secured one. Newspaper links, statements or wishes isn’t securing.

You may think Callum Wilson is perfect, but like the rest of us, you’re not in the BHA recruitment dept and it’s not your money.

Chill mate, on October the 5th you’ll have every right to compare all the above clubs (of which none has yet got one in) and how we did ....... it’s not as easy or simplistic as you suggest.

Leeds are a rival and have signed a striker. It is not impossible, as you seem to suggest.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
My gripe with the recruitment policy is the apparent blind spot with regard to any striking talent below championship level in the UK... whereas we are clearly scouting for midfielders and defenders at a lower UK level we seem hell bent on ignoring hot prospects in the final third from the UK...

I say again, I’d rather the club looked to these shores and sought to help sustain our vital football pyramid by signing striking talent from the conference up to league 1... this rather than proven PL grade failures or no mark mercenary signings who represent a massive risk at £25 million a pop.

I realise it’s not a perfect approach, but it’s the current one is hardly proving a winner... is it?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Out of interest, how much time and effort was spent signing Nunez?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3,215.4 person hours. I carried out a time and motion study at Almeria’s offices and the Brighton recruitment army’s hotel in Spain.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
So nobody knows, but apparently you know

Okey Dokey :lolol:

Again with the lol [emoji23]!! You are criticising me for pointing out that this 70k figure is probably newspaper Bolleaux, whilst your pal just stupidly took it as gospel truth. Now the latter bit deserves a lol [emoji23]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He made a sweeping assumption, qualified or not. He does NOT know Watkins demands, nor do you, nor do i.

You do understand that making fact based assumptions about things that you've spent many years studying and getting paid for is often recognised as a career :facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Again with the lol [emoji23]!! You are criticising me for pointing out that this 70k figure is probably newspaper Bolleaux, whilst your pal just stupidly took it as gospel truth. Now the latter bit deserves a lol [emoji23]

Pass me that spade

Bricklined_privy.jpg

You'll thank me for it later :lolol:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
You do understand that making fact based assumptions about things that you've spent many years studying and getting paid for is often recognised as a career :facepalm:

An assumption is an assumption :facepalm: TBH I was surprised at the stupidity demonstrated by El Pres.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Out of interest, how much time and effort was spent signing Nunez?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly. It’s silly season and we’re all a bit impatient but some deal with it better than others. The amount of guesswork people put on here, without much knowledge of how transfers work, is amazing. As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] mentioned the other day - we will be busily trying to sign players constantly, without question. Just because it’s not in the media, it doesn’t mean it’s not going on. A number of posters embarrassed themselves with the fake Dunk to Chelsea rumours they’d listened to and spread already this window - when there was nothing in it (Paul Camlin, Albion Roar).

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
28 is in his prime. May I remind you with have just offed Muzza who was a ‘few’ years older

Not neccessarily. Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler were way past their bests, others like Muzza go longer. I’m not being argumentative, but you seem to like one size fits all simplistic jargon.

Wilson is a good player. I would like him fwiw........ but a lot of the clubs approach which has got us too and kept us i the PL for 3 years is the data/age driven moneyball........ you may not like it, I may not like it but tough titties as we haven’t spent half a billion of our dosh in this club. If Bloom has chosen this model, that is his prerogative.

So now take Wilson and factor that in to how the club may asses a bigger picture including age when bought, price, wages and appreciation/depreciation potential......... the picture potentially changes.

Get Wilson for 20-25 million now, then what? 3-4 year contract? And how much is he worth at 32? Does the data show some deterioration in stats already? No, I don’t know either.

4-5 million per year depreciation?

Maybe they will get Wilson maybe not, but they will be fully aware of all his credentials and will have systems more advanced than knee jerk panic or blindly writing cheques because some fans are losing their shit.

I am as far from a licker or happy clapper as you could get, but I do believe I’m a realist and get the complexities. It’s nowhere near as easy as you seem to suggest.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
An assumption is an assumption :facepalm: TBH I was surprised at the stupidity demonstrated by El Pres.

This reminds me of the time [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] was arguing with [MENTION=2879]Race[/MENTION] about Dean Wilkins going missing. (Yes the same race who everyone else knew was actually Guy Butters and had spent that day with Dean Wilkins in training) :lolol:

*edit* To be fair, the stupidity of El Pres I don't think has ever been in doubt, but you have chosen the one thing that he is eminently qualified for :facepalm:

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This reminds me of the time [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] was arguing with [MENTION=2879]Race[/MENTION] about Dean Wilkins going missing. (Yes the same race who everyone else knew was actually Guy Butters and had spent that day with Dean Wilkins in training) :lolol:

Which reminds me has Guy Butter’s other half (she used to share the Race login) forgiven [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] for putting Guy up for sale at a £5 starting price on Ebay yet? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here