Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Many thanks for the validation.

No problems, but as I said to the conversation at large, 'why is Stephens deemed a 'goal scorer'?

My poor memory suggests he's even more specific than '2 goals a season Stephens'.
Doesn't DS only score goals in the North West of England or below sea-level bicycle kicks?

That's pretty niche, even for an Albion striker. :lolol:

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With all the silly fees being banded about it is good to see that The Standard are reporting that Chelsea are trying to rush through a £15m deal for Ross Barkley.to beat Tottenham to his signature.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
With all the silly fees being banded about it is good to see that The Standard are reporting that Chelsea are trying to rush through a £15m deal for Ross Barkley.to beat Tottenham to his signature.

Because he's out of contract in 6 months, Everton don't want him, and he's been injured for a year.

You'll notice Sanchez & Ozil (out of contract in 6 months but fit and wanted by Arsenal) won't be going for peanuts - it'll be £40m+ or a free in the summer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have to confess I really didn’t expect us to still be scratching around looking to sign a striker 9 months after we reached the Premier League :shrug:

It’s almost Gillingham and Withdeanish at a higher level. even now everyone has more money to spend than us :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have to confess I really didn’t expect us to still be scratching around looking to sign a striker 9 months after we reached the Premier League :shrug:

It’s almost Gillingham and Withdeanish at a higher level. even now everyone has more money to spend than us :lolol:

Although there is something faintly reassuring by a certain poster still insisting on yet another 'big lump up front'.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I love how, on here, Stephens' goal scoring prowess gets talked up.

Anyone not knowing would never guess he's scored 13 goal in 140 appearances.

Just had a look on whoscored.com to see what Proppers record was like before we signed him, 32 in 150. So he was averaging about 1 in 5 in Holland, 0 in 22 in England.

They also have a bit on his perceived strengths and weaknesses, they put passing and tackling as his weaknesses. Ouch!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
£15M is one hell of a bargain! Wish we could have signed him for that (I know, his wages are probably more than our back five put together - if not more - and anyway, he wouldn't have come to us anyway as he's top 6 bound).

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
£15M is one hell of a bargain! Wish we could have signed him for that (I know, his wages are probably more than our back five put together - if not more - and anyway, he wouldn't have come to us anyway as he's top 6 bound).

Remember him playing for Sheff Wednesday against us and he had a shocker and was pulled off early

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It seems like there's zero chance of any targets, old or new, playing today. :down:

There's some action in Italy and 4 games in Spain, nothing doing in Portugal, the rest of Europe, that covers Winstano's summer inter-railing holiday, is on lockdown.
Plus of course the world's biggest and oldest cup competition.

The nearest I get is my selections from the Summer, Destro and Simon Green, who'll probably playing for Bologna in a couple of hours.
Simon Green is a hell of a player and far too good for us, anyway.

Security Systems are at home to Galaxy in the Botswana Premier League, should be a good game.

Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
There is ZERO chance of a SINGING today .

See you tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here