Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Interestingly, Burnley and Watford who both finished on 40pts had 24pts and 26pts at this stage of the season

Dont we just love stats :) But i sort of get your point along with the comment about Middlesborough collapse. If they all had the same problem of a small squad then in likelihood the players simply burnt out and started losing. I can already see this happenning with Dunk/Duffy - playing too much and making a LOT more mistakes and conceding goals. At some point,new forward or no new forward we need to rest Murray and probably Propper too and that could be key in how we survive.

5 of of next 6 games are against team below us - thats 15 points up for grabs and i would say we need a minimum of 10 from that run.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This from the Romanian press........not looking good on the Andone front.

STRANIERI yesterday, 17:53

Florin Andone's fate was decided by the leadership of Deportivo. The official announcement made by the president of the club
Tino Fernandez, president of the Deportivo Coruna, announced that the chances that Florin Andone to leave the Primera Division in this window transfers are very, very low.

At the end of half a season in which national team striker played very little, marked slowly and fought with a colleague at practice, about Andone was told that could reach the Premier League, from which there is interest from Brighton and Burnley, but the officials on the Riazor have other plans.

Andone is seen as an important man's attack Deportivo, like Adrian Lopez and Lucas Perez, the reason for which galicienilor leadership is not going to break this winter to the tip of the 24 years brought from Cordoba, in 2016, for four million euros: "In principle, will not leave, but you can never say anything before. There is a termination clause, but also offers. In the summer there has been a concern for him. Now we think of our atacantii. The Lucas Perez, Florin Andone, Adrian Lopez. We have force offensive, you do not need to be nervous," said Fernandez."

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
This from the Romanian press........not looking good on the Andone front.

STRANIERI yesterday, 17:53

Florin Andone's fate was decided by the leadership of Deportivo. The official announcement made by the president of the club
Tino Fernandez, president of the Deportivo Coruna, announced that the chances that Florin Andone to leave the Primera Division in this window transfers are very, very low.

At the end of half a season in which national team striker played very little, marked slowly and fought with a colleague at practice, about Andone was told that could reach the Premier League, from which there is interest from Brighton and Burnley, but the officials on the Riazor have other plans.

Andone is seen as an important man's attack Deportivo, like Adrian Lopez and Lucas Perez, the reason for which galicienilor leadership is not going to break this winter to the tip of the 24 years brought from Cordoba, in 2016, for four million euros: "In principle, will not leave, but you can never say anything before. There is a termination clause, but also offers. In the summer there has been a concern for him. Now we think of our atacantii. The Lucas Perez, Florin Andone, Adrian Lopez. We have force offensive, you do not need to be nervous," said Fernandez."

On the contrary, I think that sounds like a general 'never say never quote' just like the one Brendan Rogers is spouting in regards to Dembele. If the price is right he'll be sold.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With the prospects of an early window striker singing getting more remote by the day, it seems we are set up for January 31st stress as the clock ticks through the evening. The worry of course is the same eventual failure.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Amazing how some clubs owners talk about players to the press that they don’t want to sell .

“We’re just calling this press conference to let the world know our 3rd choice striker isn’t for sale, “

“We can never say never though “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I must say that Im starting to feel a little miffed and disillusioned by the club now.

The window has been open for 5 days already and we still haven't signed another non needed keeper. Something has to be wrong behind the scenes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
which us what we all expect so shouldn't be disappointed.[/

It’s a bit early to write off this window isn’t it. :rolleyes:

I am not exactly writing it off but saying what I think that most people believe will happen and on 1st Feb we will be given a list of strikers we nearly got.but didnt for varying reasons. Just my opinion but with the near misses in August window I think that we should have had one lined up and agreed to sign on 1st Jan.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I am not exactly writing it off but saying what I think that most people believe will happen and on 1st Feb we will be given a list of strikers we nearly got.but didnt for varying reasons. Just my opinion but with the near misses in August window I think that we should have had one lined up and agreed to sign on 1st Jan.

Totally agree on that. I also assumed wed moved rapidy once the window opened. If it is Andone for example then time is more pressing given we need to get them up to speed and settled. Late in the window and it could be late Feb before the manager starts them and it will be too late then in my opinion

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This thread is in definite need of this advert

C5k7tY6WQAA1JLm.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here