Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
By the end of next week I think we will have signed TWO players, neither of which will be a striker, one, if not both will be for the development squad. Striker will come in the final week I reckon.

You might be right, we shall see. I rather hope that it is earlier than that though. WBA away will very likely be too early but it'd be useful to have another option with at least some training under their belt for the pivotal Saints and Feb fixtures.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I also think we ideally need another striker. However a signing as late as deadline day might make little difference. Our key fixtures are all in January and February. With a week or two to settle in, it would be too late. We might have to go with what we have got and hope fur the best. The time for signing a steplike was last summer or perhaps immediately on 1 Jan.....

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I also think we ideally need another striker. However a signing as late as deadline day might make little difference.

I’m not sure a that a new striker would be thrown into the pit on Monday even he we signed him today.

The Chelsea fixture will be tough whatever players are available so it’s really West Brom and Staines that offer realistic point hauls and where we’ll need the extra fire power and pace up top.

Realistically, the striker will be ready for Staines if we sign him. I really don’t think that’ll be too late although not ideal.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
I’m not sure a that a new striker would be thrown into the pit on Monday even he we signed him today.

What 'pit' might that be? If we sign a striker who can't handle a 25k attendance for what will essentially be a reserve team fixture on a Monday night, albeit in the FA Cup then I would be worried. The AMEX is hardly a hyperbole of hatred is it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8267481 said:
There's very small and sadistic part of me that kind of hopes we don't sign anyone just to watch NSC melt in to a puddle of soiled and soggy sheets

Happens every window anyway regardless of if we sing anyone or not :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Way more excitement in transfers out than in at the moment.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8267481 said:
There's very small and sadistic part of me that kind of hopes we don't sign anyone just to watch NSC melt in to a puddle of soiled and soggy sheets

Anyone who seriously thinks that we don't need a good quality striker in this transfer window needs their head tested - in the nicest possible way of course.

The sooner we get someone in the better. :amex:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What 'pit' might that be? If we sign a striker who can't handle a 25k attendance for what will essentially be a reserve team fixture on a Monday night, albeit in the FA Cup then I would be worried. The AMEX is hardly a hyperbole of hatred is it.

Don't you mean a hyper bowl, or crucible, or something? I think you may be getting a bit carried away with your own debris.

I think we are in a much stronger position to sign a couple of decent players, including a striker than we were pre-season. Back then we were an unproven team. Now we have proved that we can compete and have the basis of a decent side. Any striker would relish the chance to come to the Albion and become a star. It would benefit the player and the club. So I am very hopeful!!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Anyone who seriously thinks that we don't need a good quality striker in this transfer window needs their head tested - in the nicest possible way of course.

The sooner we get someone in the better. :amex:

How would you go about testing someone's head in a nice way?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here