Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not helped by the fact that as at least the last 5 windows have slammed shut the clubs first statement has been words to the effect of:-

'we'll now turn our attention to the loan market for a striker'.
Sadly this time that is not an option.

We'd have to leave a space free in the 25, and search the world for an out of contract striker. Unfortunately Matt Derbyshire is under contract so we couldn't even sign him.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
You keen followers of the club must have missed the signing of a striker last summer and the summer before who between them last season racked up 36 goals between the sticks.

No I didn't. You have your opinion on how the window will pan out and I mine, neither are correct yet. Just because I don't share your all is rosy view at times doesn't make me or anyone else with concerns less of a fan.
The current strikers did well last year but this is different and they need help. I will repeat that I don't think we will the value we crave this time around.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sadly this time that is not an option.

We'd have to leave a space free in the 25, and search the world for an out of contracted striker. Unfortunately Matt Derbyshire is under contract so we can't even sign him.

Quite, explaining why the club has done the process the other way round.

At least this window, with the signing of Izzy taking Akpom's place, the club won't be attempting to replace the 2 strikers leaving the previous squad, with just one.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Just because I don't share your all is rosy view at times doesn't make me or anyone else with concerns less of a fan. I will repeat that I don't think we will the value we crave this time around.

Of course you're a fan. And a keen one it looks like given your contributions on here. No disrespect implied.

I'm of the opinion currently that things are rosy because they are !.
I trust we'll get a vfm striker deal done because we've done it in the past few windows v.successfully. but yep, we'll see.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Still nearly a month before the window shuts ! you would think it closes in the next 48hrs the way some people are reacting.

Sure we need 3 or 4 in, but pretty much every club still has work to be done, if these signings happen after the season kicks off so be it.

I refuse to be downbeat or even concerned about it until the window is shut and our business complete.

You can be damn sure the people in charge are working hard to get the right players in at the right price.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nailed on today. I feel a hattrick in my balls.

In order to make that happen I'm going to say nailed on next Tuesday.

The club are just finalizing the deal you can feel in your balls, ready to be announced before Madrid, but they'll be a hitch.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Of course you're a fan. And a keen one it looks like given your contributions on here. No disrespect implied.

I'm of the opinion currently that things are rosy because they are !.
I trust we'll get a vfm striker deal done because we've done it in the past few windows v.successfully. but yep, we'll see.

None taken. As before I hope you are right and my concerns are wildly off the mark. I want us to have the best possible chance of success and a new striker is key to that.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Too ****ing slow as usual. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. This should be stamped on Barber's forehead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Too ****ing slow as usual. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. This should be stamped on Barber's forehead.

Yeah, 'as usual'.

It's as though last year's events didn't occur and we didn't have an incredible season and win promotion with a month to spare. :ffsparr:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yeah, 'as usual'.

It's as though last year's events didn't occur and we didn't have an incredible season and win promotion with a month to spare. :ffsparr:

Last season we could afford to be too ****ing slow because we had a squad that was basically ready to succeed in the CHAMPIONSHIP, this season we don't have that luxury. In case you haven't noticed we are in the PREM.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I think we will get the players we need, but as Andy Naylor has pointed out... "Good things come to those who wait".
Hughton has said our business wont be done until the end of the window, maybe we have contacted clubs (I'm sure we have) and been told yes, that player can go and for the sort of money your offering but we have to get a replacement in first.... The waiting game.
Fwiw i think those of you hoping for the next Aguero are going to be left feeling flat, it will more than likely be a striker from a lower la liga side, or ligue 1, seria a, etc who has scored well for a struggling side, yes maybe a Negredo, but probably someone we've never heard of.

Until then, if we have to go with what we have, I'm fine with that, I've said previously, i think our current squad will stay up comfortably, i think we are better than 6 or 7 of our competitors, and besides we could sign 6 world class players and still get hammered by Man City if they are on their game. Next up Leicester away, I've read many on here saying we should be looking to get something there.... That would be the same Leicester City, who's form after Ranieri, was almost as good as the year before when they won the league... I wouldn't hold out too much hope for that one either tbh, Watford next... This is one of the six or seven teams i spoke of earlier, so we have 1 game, where we should look to take points before the window closes and as i said i would expect our current squad, with no further additions, to get something at Watford, so no need to panic.

"Good things come....."

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Last season we could afford to be too ****ing slow because we had a squad that was basically ready to succeed in the CHAMPIONSHIP, this season we don't have that luxury. In case you haven't noticed we are in the PREM.

Instead of being so negative, why don't you find another team to support? I think you will find that the team running the club know considerably more about recruitment and our requirements for the coming season than you do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here