Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As was mentioned he was playing in a poor team, though arguably that should have made him stand out even more.
Hanging on to the ball too long = no-one was making themselves available.
Passes going astray = passes into spaces where in any decent team someone would have been galloping into.

The team just wasn't good enough to make use of him.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Crazy talk. My POTY.
This. It seems like those who moan the loudest about a lack of creativity last year are also of the opinion Tex was crap - I've seen that opinion stated countless times. He was bullied at times, true - but he was often doubled up on, a clear sign that other teams saw him as our main (only?) creative threat. As the season went on he adjusted well IMO - he noticeably bulked up and he started to time the release of the ball better, knowing when to pass and when to run, and when to pull the trigger (one of the only midfielders who did, other than Gary 'Row Z' Gardner).

Staggering to me that in a season as poor as it was, when he's the top league scorer from midfield, aged 20(?), in his first season, that people can think he was poor. He was one of the few bright points as far as I could see, and I'd give him a piggyback from Liverpool if it meant we could get him on a permanent deal.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
This. It seems like those who moan the loudest about a lack of creativity last year are also of the opinion Tex was crap - I've seen that opinion stated countless times. He was bullied at times, true - but he was often doubled up on, a clear sign that other teams saw him as our main (only?) creative threat. As the season went on he adjusted well IMO - he noticeably bulked up and he started to time the release of the ball better, knowing when to pass and when to run, and when to pull the trigger (one of the only midfielders who did, other than Gary 'Row Z' Gardner).

Staggering to me that in a season as poor as it was, when he's the top league scorer from midfield, aged 20(?), in his first season, that people can think he was poor. He was one of the few bright points as far as I could see, and I'd give him a piggyback from Liverpool if it meant we could get him on a permanent deal.

me too
but it would have to be a wheelbarrow or a rusty old pram, one of the bright spots last season and another year of maturity and more experience at Pool

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I'd like to see Tex in a good team.

I've been far from his harshest critic, but neither have I been Team Tex, either.

Far to often he was selfish, wasteful and a passenger, generally inconsistent.
But clearly a 'kid' overrun with talent, playing in a team with none.

If he had options in front of him and not carrying the weight of a lackluster attacking unit, we may well have seen a better player.
But without the team behind him it's hard to pin down where his faults as a player may be.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Let's all sing a winger or two...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Perhaps no singing today, but tomorrow seems like Winger Wednesday :rock:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hughton said a couple of weeks back that he hoped to have everything done by Friday, but later said maybe not.

There are indications that he wants 5 singings, and chances are that not all 5 would have been delayed ???

So, more singing today or tomorrow ? ???

#4 ???
#15 ???
#17 ???
#19 ???
#21 ???

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Winger, Winger on the ball,
Who's the player who'll get our call?
Murphy? Marshall or Lucas too?