Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COG Stays

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think we can look for crumbs of comfort from our strikers from last year. What we saw them doing in one match they should be doing in more or less every match but they were not. We are paying COG far too much for his abilities and we will find it very difficult to get him off the wage bill. The same probably applies for Colunga. Nobody really wants either do they ?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Agree - simply not good enough and too many on here have very short memories of how dreadful our forwards were last season - get rid

COG isn't worth a place on the bench if we want Premier league football. Seriously what is the matter with some people? Do people not look at his pathetic goal tally for us last year?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Our strikers weren't great last year but anyone would struggle to score in our team with the lack of chances that are created. It's not as it any of them missed lots of sitters.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Very much so. Baldock perhaps will show Championship quality but the rest are way short. We have one replacement. I can only think the absence of more is due to cost and that we will be looking for season long loans for quality performers. I live in hope !!!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
COG isn't worth a place on the bench if we want Premier league football. Seriously what is the matter with some people? Do people not look at his pathetic goal tally for us last year?

Unless you decide to give him the benefit of the doubt in a stronger side you are going to be disappointed then, because he is staying.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Unless you decide to give him the benefit of the doubt in a stronger side you are going to be disappointed then, because he is staying.

Unless he performs a hell of a lot better than he did last season he won't be starting many games.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nadkins is facing a bit of a dilemma , he wants to sign BS from Leeds United :lolol: who is earning £20k a week and has a year left on his contract.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is the traditional point I say 'yeah but Messi wouldn't have scored for us, with that non existent service'.

They should have been better than they were, but as [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] says COG isn't worth a place on the bench if we want Premier league football...

The strikers we have should have been better than what we saw.
But
The strikers we have aren't good enough for what we've been told to expect.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nice guy, but his heart is up North.

It's all well and good him saying he wants to give it a go down here, but if he doesn't get in the team his head will drop, and he'll be looking for a move back by November.

We need to move him on this summer, and wish him well.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The team needs to perform a hell of a lot better before O'G can be fairly judged. Let Hughton and the squad prove themselves.

This season hasn't even started and already the predictable minority are moaning about players.

I am up for giving COG a chance.
Remember he was signed pre Hyypia, who did not really play him, was loaned out to a club that had faith in him, and he seems to be a confidence player who needs a manager to believe in him. He did not have time to settle with his family before moving up north again on loan. Who knows his family might be settled, a lovely summer on the south coast etc.........
He seemed to play his best games under Jones, played well against Arsenal, Fulham and Charlton, perhaps Jones believed in him.
I actually think he is an intelligent player and he worked hard and closed down the opposition well with sometimes no support.
One of our four strikers.
Hopefully he will turn up trumps........hopefully.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The team needs to perform a hell of a lot better before O'G can be fairly judged. Let Hughton and the squad prove themselves.

This season hasn't even started and already the predictable minority are moaning about players.

I'd hardly put myself in the category of a predictable minority who moans about players, In fact it's probably the first time I have but I just don't rate him.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I am up for giving COG a chance.
Remember he was signed pre Hyypia, who did not really play him, was loaned out to a club that had faith in him, and he seems to be a confidence player who needs a manager to believe in him. He did not have time to settle with his family before moving up north again on loan. Who knows his family might be settled, a lovely summer on the south coast etc.........
He seemed to play his best games under Jones, played well against Arsenal, Fulham and Charlton, perhaps Jones believed in him.
I actually think he is an intelligent player and he worked hard and closed down the opposition well with sometimes no support.
One of our four strikers.
Hopefully he will turn up trumps........hopefully.

Yep, he was also unfortunate getting little game time because of Hughton's misguided loyalty to Best.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not up to it IMHO. 1, count them, 1 league goal all season. Hold-up play good but, call me old fashioned, I like strikers who actually score goals.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not up to it IMHO. 1, count them, 1 league goal all season. Hold-up play good but, call me old fashioned, I like strikers who actually score goals.

Yes I agree, did well to turn it round when the Sheff Utd deal didn't work out (because he was really dire prior to that), but nowhere near good enough IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here