Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora and Barton among six released by QPR

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Bobby loves us and we love him, it is the only choice for both of us

Exactly. One year contract with the majority of cash paid in goal/win bonuses and promotion to the Premier League. If he/us fail, then he only collects a standard championship salary (£10k per week????). Great foil for Baldock if we play 2 up front (which we won't) and brilliant motivation & leadership skills in the changing room (according to Jenas on BBC website).

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I would love for us to sign Barton, I didnt quite realise how good he was until we played QPR couple seasons ago, he is like a poor mans Beckham.

Its funny how you have to see certain players live to see how good they REALLY are. I thought the same with Craig Bellamy when we played Liverpool at home few years ago.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Barton is a £ 60k a week player and for that reason alone he is not coming here. To be frank he is too good for us at the moment. Far bigger and better clubs will be bidding for him. He is still Premiership class

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can we please start building a talented younger squad who have pace....Enough of the has been players and enough of the obsession with ex players
We need to build a proper unit to progress and wasting money on players looking for silly wages while crocked most of the time is going down the wrong route again.
It's time our scouts earned their crust for once and focus should be on younger players with very good potential and if that means 6 young players costing 1 million each then so be it as they'll hopefully be an asset to the club.

Having not produced a Champinship quality striker in the last 50 years, I'd settle for BZ as back up when our current young prospective strikers all turn out to be useless...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Having not produced a Champinship quality striker in the last 50 years, I'd settle for BZ as back up when our current young prospective strikers all turn out to be useless...
Zamora=sick note,never scores,high earner.....Seriously I don't get what your point is as Zamora fires blanks on a regular basis and is no better than what we have.

Like I said the scouts need to earn their crust for once and find these players.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Barton is incredibly over-rated and a complete bell-end. No way he's coming anywhere near The Albion.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Joey Barton. Would be great if he signed for Liverpool, imagine Barton and Ballotelli in the same side!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
As mentioned earlier in the thread, he scored one or two £100 million pound goals in his time. If somehow we could arrange a suitable deal for both parties Zamora would be a great addition, on the pitch and on the training field.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No brainer for the club commercially to get Zamora er.. at the right price.

None of never go back rubbish, he is the Peter Ward for younger fans than me and I loved it when he came back.

That "romance" of the game is something that marketing and PR can never recreate.

For f*** sake, he has his own song. All he has to do it toe poke a scrappy goal and the Amex will erupt in a way that hasn't been seen since that free kick went in against Palace.

Stick him on the bench for 90 mins and witness the lack or rush for the park and ride.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here