Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tracksuit Bottoms & Shoes

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Those f******g grandad/whippet hats. There's a reason why they're called grandad hats -
because you morons they make you look old.

I really have felt the urge to punch some of these to**ers.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
There's a chap on Graham Norton at the moment, Snoopy the Dog or somesuch. He has the full kit, tracksuit, shoes with white socks and sunglasses.

I was thinking the same. Probably worth $5bn but looks like he's suffering from a minor brain injury and just walked off "Benefit Street." Still,I guess that's the point :shrug:

(Me - I favour a nice single-breasted suit cut from a dark cloth, plain shirt, sober tie and an understated pair of handmade leather shoes with a brisk shine).

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
It's the threads like these that I live for!!!!

Might I also throw into the mix idiot teenage girls ambling about wearing Ramones T Shirts (or other 70's bands). Probably never heard of the bands in question, and if questioned on the subject, get all shitty and defensive. My Cousins 15 year old was wearing exactly the shirt I described, asked her to name a song by the Ramones, and she froze, and just said it looked nice in HMV. Fair do's, but don't try and pretend you have a clue about music history when you don't. Go and buy a fecking Hello Kitty T Shirt instead.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I have a strong, fairly irrational dislike of people wearing sunglasses other than on their eyes. My least favourite look is sunglasses tucked into the V of a white/black V-neck t-shirt (ie Simon Cowell style). My next most hated is sunglasses worn on the back of the head. Sunglasses perched on top of the forehead also rile me. I think my problem with it is it looks like it's trying to project some kind of smug lifestyle statement, but I'm sure there are practical reasons why people do this. I just put mine back in the case when they're not being used, or on the table if I'm sitting at one.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I get the impression that most blokes on here are prob middle aged, dress in jeans, polo shirts and perhaps the odd pair of really nice trainers, or what they've been told on Retrofeed are a really nice pair of trainers. Nowt wrong with it if that's your thing but it hardly makes you unique or in a position to critique other people's clothing.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I get the impression that most blokes on here are prob middle aged, dress in jeans, polo shirts and perhaps the odd pair of really nice trainers, or what they've been told on Retrofeed are a really nice pair of trainers. Nowt wrong with it if that's your thing but it hardly makes you unique or in a position to critique other people's clothing.

This (that's me, apart from the fact I stupidly only wear my expensive trainers for running)

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Those f******g grandad/whippet hats. There's a reason why they're called grandad hats -
because you morons they make you look old.

I really have felt the urge to punch some of these to**ers.

I wear mine cos I hate woolly hats and a cap stops my glasses from getting wet in the rain. What I don't understand is...I WANT to look old. Why would I want to look young and fall into the fashion traps already mentioned?

Btw thanks for thread.... I thought I was the only one that detests the suit jacket and jeans look.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here