Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer 2015 transfer window thread

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Gestede to Villa is confirmed. With Cairney already gone to Fulham Just Rhodes and Marshall to go then Blackburn would have lost their 4 best players.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Leeds are shelling out another seven figure fee by bringing in Dallas from Brentford. That should end their interest in Buckley.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Also the fact he considers Mike Williams a good player is even more worrying. Perseus has never been known as a good judge of a player, but Williamson has looked utter gash both times we knocked Newcastle out of the FA Cup recently, and has never looked good in any other game I've seen him playing in either.

Stick by that Mike Williamson is the type of player we could use as covering central defender, but he is too old and his wages are too high to even be in with a chance. The rest of the Newcastle team were so naff they left him with too much to do. I was particularly impresed by the two times he tracked back.

One when he intercepted and nearly kept up with Buckley before finishing superbly, his interception going in his own net.

The second time when Greer passed across the width of the pitch to the super fast Wayne Bridge but Williamson was alive to the danger to block what should have been a right footed shot by Orlandi. Alas, Orlandi cannot shoot with his right and had to do contortions to get the ball on his left foot and score which fooled everybody.

He did go missing when Hoskins scored the second, but Newcastle were all over the place by then.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
According to Tom Thorogood on HITC we have just agreed a deal with Ipswich for Dunk £5 mill?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/01/report-ipswich-to-seal-5m-deal-for-brighton-star-lewis-dunk-t/?

But I can't get the blood link to work. (keep getting a 404)
I don't know who TT is but he puts a lot of stuff up on there?????
I just hope he's talking shit.:shootself

I saw that article. I believe the author withdrew it. More likely Fulham come back with 5m than Ipswich I would imagine. I had a quick look on the Ipswich forum and they think they have more than enough good central defenders.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Stepheny Dobbin gone to Bolton Striker Dobbie, 32, has put pen to paper on a one-year contract after playing in all seven of Bolton's pre-season fixtures.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here