Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have this feeling that all will not be well in summer.........

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Hmm can't quite make my mind up yet.

Do you know what, I am going to give this thread a miss and gamble that there will be another one along before the season starts. Crazy I know, I could look really stupid come August, if someone doesn't start another transfer thread.

Feb 14, 2010
I think this is a great thread. I'm amazed that no one hasn't started a similar one recently.

I'm with you on this El P. Do you also think its truly amazing how he knows what is in the mind of Tony Bloom? For my part, I just don't have a clue but there we are, I'm obviously no visionary but then I suppose its been a long time since I went to a fortune teller on the palace pier (or whatever they call it these days).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm with you on this El P. Do you also think its truly amazing how he knows what is in the mind of Tony Bloom? For my part, I just don't have a clue but there we are, I'm obviously no visionary but then I suppose its been a long time since I went to a fortune teller on the palace pier (or whatever they call it these days).

I'm slightly disappointed WCP that you've written a comment involving the word 'Palace' and haven't mentioned their home attendance against Bristol City from a few years ago :(

Feb 14, 2010
I'm slightly disappointed WCP that you've written a comment involving the word 'Palace' and haven't mentioned their home attendance against Bristol City from a few years ago :(

You mean last time they were in the same league as us.. the "best fans in the world" with all their american style football experience with drums, flying eagles, goal music, comedy goal announcers and spurs created "glad all over"..? No there was no need to mention them struggling to get 12000 fans including a large Cardiff away support. After all I was talking about the pier with slot machines and fortune tellers, not the plastic glory hunters from Croydon/Bromley way..

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You mean last time they were in the same league as us.. the "best fans in the world" with all their american style football experience with drums, flying eagles, goal music, comedy goal announcers and spurs created "glad all over"..? No there was no need to mention them struggling to get 12000 fans including a large Cardiff away support. After all I was talking about the pier with slot machines and fortune tellers, not the plastic glory hunters from Croydon/Bromley way..

Phew, I thought you'd lost your mojo for a minute

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I suspect they are incredibly jealous of us.

Feb 14, 2010
I suspect they are incredibly jealous of us.

I doubt it mate, they love all the american stuff, its why they dont turn up unless they are playing Man U. Its all about the show for them thats why they need Man U to role into town and we dont which is lucky as we have little chance of that happening at our place as usual

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Think there will be some surprises in store this summer was told the lessen had been learned after last summers fiasco at the player awards dinner

Feb 14, 2010
Think there will be some surprises in store this summer was told the lessen had been learned after last summers fiasco at the player awards dinner

Money doesnt buy success. Look at Bournemouth, Brentford and Boro. Their budget (according to many on NSC) not much different to ours this season. We just spent it badly. We also spent £3 Million on CMS instead of giving Murray a pay rise. Its footballing decisions that have cost us. Can Bloom trust our scouts, coaches and managers to spend his cash? I really dont know if he can. Somehow Brighton always make a mess of it, even in the 80's when Ian Wright and Roy Keane were not what we wanted apparently. Money helps but never under estimate the footballing staff at Brighton to make one hell of a mess of it.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Money doesnt buy success. Look at Bournemouth, Brentford and Boro. Their budget (according to many on NSC) not much different to ours this season. We just spent it badly. We also spent £3 Million on CMS instead of giving Murray a pay rise. Its footballing decisions that have cost us. Can Bloom trust our scouts, coaches and managers to spend his cash? I really dont know if he can. Somehow Brighton always make a mess of it, even in the 80's when Ian Wright and Roy Keane were not what we wanted apparently. Money helps but never under estimate the footballing staff at Brighton to make one hell of a mess of it.

Yes I agree but hopefully some of that has been rectified with the comings and goings within the scouting set-up

Feb 14, 2010
Yes I agree but hopefully some of that has been rectified with the comings and goings within the scouting set-up

We can but live in hope that we have found someone who has first idea about what makes a footballer at the Albion, but I wouldnt put much money on it. Afraid Ive supported this club for too long and heard it all, everything from telling players that they are "too small" (Roy Keane), to buying a bloke from Peterborough for £3 Million who anyone with half an idea about football could tell after a couple of times of watching him that he was nowhere near the footballer that Murray was. Wh do you think we might at last have someone down there who knows something about football? Down the Albion, the fans know more about football than the coaching staff and it pretty much has always been that way.

Quinny

Banned
Jul 27, 2014

You actually couldn't make you up WCP, you spout more bollocks than all the three party leaders in the election campaign put together! Brilliant stuff :lol:

Dec 15, 2014
Here
And I am not a miserable old ******* either although I have been many times this season after watching the team!!!

I am a miserable old twit and it has nothing to do with watching the team. I am deeply saddened that an ownership group is taking very loyal fans for a ride and plans only to stay in the bottom of the championship for as long as possible without spending enough and pocketing the fees paid to them for producing the talent for other clubs.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
But at the end of this year, we get the 8 million fee for Ulloa and the 2 million for leicester if they stay up. Also supposedly we getting the money for Buckley from sunderland as well, as both deals were delayed payment eg maybe why we didnt spend much money at beginning of season ?

The real problem here is that you truly believe that any of that money will actually be spent on acquiring players.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I hope everything goes as planned and Chris Hughton gets the players he needs to make us challenge again next season but I feel he has realised just how much needs to be done and it is going to take a lot more than the board will be prepared to fund it!...He is not silly and I can imagine him walking if all he is allowed are loans and freebies and cheap cast offs..Please let me be wrong!!???

That's a bit sad mate, after this most forgettable of seasons you'd be a happier person if you took a more positive outlook. Yes, I'm pleased the season is virtually over but that's surely an UP ......it's behind us. I for one am not going to get down because we MIGHT have more of the same. If I want to get depressed I'll think about dying, but I'll hope to have some fun and a few more pies before that happens. This time next year CH might be God, and we could at least be in the playoffs. :drink:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I hope everything goes as planned and Chris Hughton gets the players he needs to make us challenge again next season but I feel he has realised just how much needs to be done and it is going to take a lot more than the board will be prepared to fund it!...He is not silly and I can imagine him walking if all he is allowed are loans and freebies and cheap cast offs..Please let me be wrong!!???

What, exactly, are you basing these assumptions on? Are you aware of how much the club has to invest? Do you know the games/clubs where that scouts are watching potential signings?

I'm guessing the answer to both those questions is a 'no' and, while I'm not saying your doom-filled assumptions won't materialise, I'll wait for some concrete evidence to back up your claims before going along with it all, to be honest...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Maybe we all wait and see. We maybe presently surprised yet we may not.
The club have moved quickly to sort contracts they may just realise they need to move quickly in the transfer market as well

I firmly get the impression that Mr H will want to do precisely this, to get as much in place for as much of pre-season as possible. It will, though, depend on other circumstances and other people as well.

PS - the transfer window opens on June 8th, I believe. Let's wait until at least June 9th before we begin to panic!

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I am deeply saddened that an ownership group is taking very loyal fans for a ride and plans only to stay in the bottom of the championship for as long as possible without spending enough and pocketing the fees paid to them for producing the talent for other clubs.

How much does Tony Bloom "pocket" each season after he's told Barber, Hughton, and the recruitment team to target 20th place in the league. Can you let the NSC know ?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
How much does Tony Bloom "pocket" each season after he's told Barber, Hughton, and the recruitment team to target 20th place in the league. Can you let the NSC know ?

Minus £10 million. Its stupid for anybody to believe he wants us anywhere other than the Premier League. If he says he aims for top 6 every season then I'm sure that is what he aims for, including next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here