Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will LuaLua ever become our Bolasie?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Tbh, I'd settle for LuaLua becoming the LuaLua he used to be. Whatever he used to have doesn't seem to be there any more.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Someone needs to tell him that he doesn't have to stop dead with the ball before running with it. Infuriating player

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Kaz's greatest strength is conning referees into giving us free-kicks, and that strength is waning somewhat.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
At the time both were signed for our respective clubs you could argue lua lua looked to be the player that would go onto better things. The reality now is lua lua have not really developed at all and is now just an option off the bench whereas Bolasie has gone from strength to strength and is arguably now a massive contributor to Palace success in the premier league

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Both explosive, direct wingers, roughly the same age, build and height, both from DR Congo (although this is slightly irrelevant). Both played in the lower leagues, Bolasie much more so. On their day, you could argue that both are match winners.

Just wondered whether, at the higher level, Kaz could ever become our Bolasie and really, really start tearing opponents new bottoms.

If not, why? Is he just, bottom line, not good enough or is our coaching not bringing out his best?

NO.......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Am i right in thinking he played wide right at Newcastle and it was Poyet who put him on left?
To me he just hasnt progressed over the last four seasons, is that just down to his injuries and limited starts?

No, he played with Benno & then Spanish Dave, or Buckley, quite often switching wings during the game, as directed.

As has been said, he doesn't have the brain to work out moves for himself. If he's being coached on the pitch (watch the video of him & Vicente) he can make killer moves.
I miss the days when he used to get to the byline, & cut the ball back.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Saw Bolasie today v Hull. He has become their LuaLua. Completely anonymous and ineffective.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I wondered about that but wasn't it the case that these were League One defenders?

Kaz has had plenty of good games since then and I was disappointed he wasn't picked more often - I can't say that now as he's genuinely looked out of form over the past few months

I mean the way he plays is entirely different - he used to use RAW pace over far more distance. Now he will only do it from a standing start, he doesn't seem comfortable running fast for more than about 4 paces. He intentionally allows defenders to catch up to him now, so he can then beat them from a standing start.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
KLL is just a perpetual bit-part player nowadays. Does his thing over the last 20 minutes and once in a blue moon changes the game for us. Not nearly often enough though. Just more baggage on the wage bill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here