Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New deals for Calderon and Casper; CMS + others released

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Properly amazing, the number of Brighton fans, who STILL cling to the belief that CMS is a good footballer who has just been 'used wrong', despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Do these people not have EYES?
As said a few days ago.

If CMS II shows the same amount of committed, desire, respect etc and is also shitehouse, I'd still do it all over again.
It's the hope that kills you.

Should we happen to sign Kemy and Leon's love child, I'll be sharpening up my pitch fork, early doors.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
In fairness, anyone who can score 35 goals in League 1, must be a fairly good footballer. Not many have matched that. He done okay in his first season with us.

To be honest, his stats are irrellevant.

When a new manager comes in then the only stats that count are the ones under that manager. He has had 4 months to impress CH and he hasn't done that and if the manager were to retain players based on past record or nostalgia then we would be on his back saying that he wasn't doing his job.

I for onecare not one jot who gets releases or sold at the end of the season, so long as the replacements produce better than what has been served up in CH time here so far. Consequently, I am 100% behind the manager in whoever he decides to release because ultimately he will be judged on results and performances served up next year

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I was thinking of a wage similar to what Barnes was on before leaving £5k a week take it or leave it. If he goes to Div 1 he will be lucky to earn that. That equates to about £120k max till Jan window then a Div 1 side wouod pay £250k + for him. That was my logic if he succeeded with another striker all ok if not we havent lost much more money, if any.

I assume I'm not meant to be quoted here?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
To be frank caldy and bruno should've been released as that's another season of two players who are ageing and getting worse...christ next season will be gash again with a load of ageing players.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Calde has been playing in midfield for several months now. It's quite possible that we will get another right back in.

We need three keepers at any one time, in case of injury or illness. Walton hasn't gone out on loan this season with three keepers, so why would he go out on loan next season?

In regards to Walton, IMO it would be much more beneficial for Walton to go out on loan to gain experience rather than sitting on the bench. It's a lot different being a second choice goalkeeper than for arguments sake, a right back.

Send Walton out on loan and if one of our goalkeepers gets an injury, recall him. Nothing quite like the pressures of first team football week I week out. It'll be a vital learning curve in his development IMO.

Fair point about Calde/Bruno, getting in a new right back is still a possibility.

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
Properly amazing, the number of Brighton fans, who STILL cling to the belief that CMS is a good footballer who has just been 'used wrong', despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

I have eyes, and I've saw him play multiple times in the flesh before he was injured. Every time I saw him play, he was quality - but then Ulloa came and stole his thunder, then he got injured, badly.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
CMS will be lucky to get 3k a week wherever he goes, think there will be more goodbyes as well on top of these, the one bad thing I heard at the season awards was that CH was eager to keep Best

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)

Agreed. When you are through one on one with a keeper, being used in the wrong way doesn't really count. You should score. Its like saying that if he was used in the right way, he would miss even more?

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Remember the excitement when CMS signed?
I hope he gets some time on the pitch tomorrow and a good send-off from the crowd.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've heard nothing on any players, but getting KLL on a longer deal protects the club's investment if nothing else.

I can't imagine I'm alone in being disappointed with KLL's contribution of late, and I say that as a longstanding fan. Our whole forward line has been misfiring massively and his two great chances against Wigan, which were both spurned, won't have been missed by Hughton.

I'm not saying he will go, but I think there are very few that Hughton would definitely seek to retain, and he's not one of them.

I agree with you that as of late he (along with 90% or so of the team/squad) have been poor but I hope we keep hold of KLL. He's just so different from many other players and is a weapon to have around...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
"I don't know whether he will be available or not because I have no information from Brighton.
I'm a little disappointed in Paddy because he is one of our most important players.
Moniz says he is powerless to have any influence over the player's return because his rehab is under Brighton's control.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Ricardo-Moniz-frustrated-injury-Notts-County/story-26386154-detail/story.html
That has to be the worst kit in the FL this season :sick:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have eyes, and I've saw him play multiple times in the flesh before he was injured. Every time I saw him play, he was quality - but then Ulloa came and stole his thunder, then he got injured, badly.

CMS was poor before his injuries and Ulloa arrived. Never cut it at Championship level. Their was no thunder to steal.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He did. And they all prefered a lone striker. Even the man who brought him in, never used him to his strengths. Unfortuantely we will never know how good CMS could have been for us, as he was never played in a style that suited him.

I bet deep down he is kicking himself for falling for Gus' bullshit, and will probably wonder for the rest of his life, "what if" I joined a club that played me in a pair with a target man. I for one will be following the rest of his career with great interest, just a shame at 31, his best years are behind him. Such a waste of a great striker.

"...great...". :facepalm:

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
But I also said "I thought he was ok."

I'm not a mind reader so just saying "Seriously??" doesn't point to anything specific in what I wrote.

You wrote about Chris O'Grady "Good luck to him, I thought he was ok. If the deal is close to being done he may as well go there on loan now and take part in their playoffs." I presume in reference to him joining Sheffield United. My response then as it is now.... SERIOUSLY???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here