Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP look like fools again

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Please could you provide me a political party that hasn't had to suspend people for dodgy expense claims, fraud, assault or other criminal behaviour ?

Well that is exactly the point isn't it!

The scandal broke in 2009, the main parties and many MP's got their fingers burnt. Everyone spoke of their outrage, the need for reforms etc.

So how absolutely stupid do you need to be with all that recent history behind you, with all the public outrage about it, to be doing it openly in a restaurant in the heightened build up to an election!?

The fact others did it previous makes it even worse, not better.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
No one is defending it. A member of the party was out of line and the party acted on it, exactly as any other party has. Yet you single out UKIP for 'looking like fools'. Why?

Manifold reasons.
I just heard it on the wireless
As stated earlier, she did it in a public restaurant.
She did it weeks before an election

This leads me to believe either doesn't care, is too thick to think through the consequences or both.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If your voting choices swing one way or another depending on whether one or two party members breaks a party rule or two (hardly unique in the world of politics), then you are simply demonstrating how little credibility should be given to your political viewpoints. Try looking at policies and track records.

Where did you get that this has swung my vote from? Try not to make stuff up. My vote is not swinging on the strength of this, don't be so silly. I would never have voted for UKIP. That choice is based solely on the fact they have no realistic policies, it's just fitting they also have absolutely no credible party members, as this story demonstrates .I take all these things into account. An holistic approach as it were.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
We know it was wrong and the women has been suspended, what more do you want?

A new fresh party, different from the old parties. A party for the people, and not out to enrich themselves. You know, the reason many UKIP supporters on NSC quote as the reason they are voting for UKIP

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
One of the problems we are going to have is that UKIP voters are generally a stubborn lot. Even though they know UKIP have shown themselves to be no different to the others they will still cling on to the immigration "policy" Farage keeps trotting out. Even the dimmest of UKIP supporters probably know he won't do anything about anything yet they will still vote for them.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
A new fresh party, different from the old parties. A party for the people, and not out to enrich themselves. You know, the reason many UKIP supporters on NSC quote as the reason they are voting for UKIP

Don't be silly! The man holds a pint in one hand and a fag in the other. How much more "man of the people" can you get? And it doesn't matter that members and activists come out with racist, xenophobic rants almost on a weekly basis because every political party has racists in it and we all know two wrongs make a right...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That wasn't my point . Even you can't try to defend this surely?

No, I'm not defending this woman at all. In exactly the same way as I don't defend say Ben Duncan of the Greens, David Laws of the Lib Dems, Dennis MacShane of Labour or Maria Miller of the Tories.

Equally I don't then suggest anyone voting Green, Tory, Labour or Lib Dem are stupid to vote for a party because of these disgusting individuals. But then you have irrational hatred of UKIP which for some bizzarre reason you try and hold to higher standards than the other parties.

D

Deleted member 22389

More laughs as The Sun sets up more UTHIKS over the next 7 weeks to help the Tory election campaign.

That's fine by me. People can have as many laughs at UKIP as they like. If UKIP nose dive because the media wish to highlight everything they say or do, let it be, because in another 12 months we will still be talking about the same old problems on NSC, caused by the same old political parties, but at least I can be happy in the knowledge they didn't get my vote.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
That's fine by me. People can have as many laughs at UKIP as they like. If UKIP nose dive because the media wish to highlight everything they say or do, let it be, because in another 12 months we will still be talking about the same old problems on NSC, caused by the same old political parties, but at least I can be happy in the knowledge they didn't get my vote.

You do realise UKIP are just another "same old political party" though right? They are a neo liberal, pro austerity party made up almost exclusively of ex torys. How do you figure that is any different to what we've already got? Because they have tougher policies on immigration and promise a referendum? And that makes them so different because...? Genuine question. I want to know why you think they are any different when all evidence points to contrary.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You do realise UKIP are just another "same old political party" though right? They are a neo liberal, pro austerity party made up almost exclusively of ex torys. How do you figure that is any different to what we've already got? Because they have tougher policies on immigration and promise a referendum? And that makes them so different because...? Genuine question. I want to know why you think they are any different when all evidence points to contrary.

I just typed the same thing! Glad I refreshed now. Voting for UKIP is going to sock it to the man! Hilarious. Their own man being an ex-Tory banker. You couldn't make it up if you tried.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I enjoy the fact that we get weekly reports of UKIP racism, financial irregularities, along with just downright lunacy...but, its always ok for UKIP supporters.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Not everybody does.
Not saying i don't, i'm far too judgemental, just saying i know people that don't, they seem happy.

I suppose there is some truth in that. Maybe not judged on the one choice but taken as a whole the choices people make a fair indication of their personality.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Not everybody does.
Not saying i don't, i'm far too judgemental, just saying i know people that don't, they seem happy.

But being judgemental without softening your judgement with perhaps say experience, is just being plain prejudiced no matter how you wrap it up.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No, I'm not defending this woman at all. In exactly the same way as I don't defend say Ben Duncan of the Greens, David Laws of the Lib Dems, Dennis MacShane of Labour or Maria Miller of the Tories.

What financial fraud has Ben Duncan committed?

He unwisely and pretty repugnantly shot his mouth off about the British armed forces, and was disciplined by his party - but we're talking about financial fraud here.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Spot on. The sad thing, the really sad thing is we all know that a vast tranche of UKIP's policies are nasty and/or insane. Ditto the candidates. And yet they still poll around 15% of the intended votes. People are seriously pissed off with the 'old' parties (and it's not just disaffected Tories) if they can look at UKIP and go "Yup".

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Janice Atkinson asked for the bill in a restaurant to be increased so she could claim more expenses. Joins the long list of suspended UKIP fools. Their time in the sun really is over isn't it. Ha.

It was her chief of staff who actually asked for the higher invoice , could this be custom and practice to include the tip and claim it back on expenses ? This could open a can of worms not only in the world of politics but for anyone claiming back business expenses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here