Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McClaren - No quality in our goals...

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I agree - BUT - for somebody in his position the "Heat of the Moment" should not be a factor. He should be considered in everything he says.

We know and acknowledge that they played us off the park, but most managers would have managed an "all credit to Brighton for taking their chances" or something similar.

This isn't plucky 'ol Brighton in the FA Cup knocking out some giant it's a f*cking league match. I'll say it again, get over yourselves.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Oh well.

We will lose on purpose to Mboro last day of season.

Norwich will win the league, hopefully mboro or watford can pip them to second.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
That has to be the worst excuse for conceding a goal I've ever heard. Our defenders switched off because they'd forgotten (in the context of a single match) what a shot felt like.

Silly man.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I don't care what he thinks and whether they are judged as quality or not, I want more of them, and soon.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Going by the BBC stats, Derby had 19 efforts on goal but only 5 on target. That should be of more concern to brolly man.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Two away defeats in four days, a microphone is shoved under his nose and he's expected to give an interview. The blokes under pressure.

I hope they do go up, they're a strong side, and I hope they, together with Norwich and Boro aren't in our league next year.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
We had shots on target before we scored and our second goal was very good. I think he must have been very frustrated that he team could not score when they were on top.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Not being funny but people getting twisted knickers over this is really sad, we looked like a plucky lower league team for 65 minutes yesterday and the first goal was a poor goal to concede if you're looking from Derby/McLarens perspective. The second was a lovely goal but fans/managers having blinkered views of what happens in games is hardly surprising is it, I can't tell you how many times I've seen similar things happen to us and after the game your whole view of the opposition is tarnished regardless of whether the goal they scored was good or not

When you've battered a team for 65 minutes and lost most people would feel bitter, especially when having a microphone shoved in your face 15 minutes after.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I'm posting this without reading the other 8 x pages - 'DO ONE' McClaren----------- said in a Dutch accent - I was going to say feck off you wanker but I'm too much of a gentleman:moo:
They ain't the best side we've played ------ a poor mans arsenal.
2 nil down and they passed it around as if they had an hour left.
Only my opinion tho :wink:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Not being funny but people getting twisted knickers over this is really sad, we looked like a plucky lower league team for 65 minutes yesterday and the first goal was a poor goal to concede if you're looking from Derby/McLarens perspective. The second was a lovely goal but fans/managers having blinkered views of what happens in games is hardly surprising is it, I can't tell you how many times I've seen similar things happen to us and after the game your whole view of the opposition is tarnished regardless of whether the goal they scored was good or not

When you've battered a team for 65 minutes and lost most people would feel bitter, especially when having a microphone shoved in your face 15 minutes after.

I would have shoved it somewhere else :eek:

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Got talking to a Derby fan on the way home last night. He was friendly enough but displayed the same arrogance. I just kept replying "well that's football" . I am now looking forward to Derby choking it!!! Is that mean?!?!?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I thought it'd be the usual over-reaction, so i thought i'd take a peek and roll my eyes at the easily offended. It began that way a bit, but as soon as i heard that whispy bell-end scoff at the idea there was any quality in our goals then a yelp began within me to take that cock to task. Yes, we had a lucky night in ways, but when the chances come your way, you have to take them, and Lua Lua's was done so in a walloping style. A complete nonsense that their backline went to slept on the goals too, and if they did then you're managing them badly you blindingly polished-skinned hairless oink.
I still want Derby to be promoted, but i've taken a more thorough dislike to that squinty turd.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Got talking to a Derby fan on the way home last night. He was friendly enough but displayed the same arrogance. I just kept replying "well that's football" . I am now looking forward to Derby choking it!!! Is that mean?!?!?

You could understand him ? the derby fans in Dicks looked like they had spent the afternoon mucking out sheep :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here