Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth hope to secure loan deal for Crystal Palace striker Glenn Murray

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Prior to the cup game v Arsenal there was some posts comparing The Amex and The Emirates and The Amex came out top in every catergory bar the one that matters, the players on the field. I believe TB has done wonders with The Amex but this season especially has neglected the most important aspect of the club ie the team. Is it a case of he threw everything into Gus getting us up and we failed so are now paying the price.

Well said. His priorities appear to be wrong.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Many wont agree and I will be slated but I am convinced I am right. He may not be short of money but even wealthy people have financial advisors and they may be the ones telling him to pull in the reins a bit.

Has he pulled in the reins? He has invested in an excellent training facility at vast expense, but then we hit the bargain bucket when trying to recruit players, you know, when making the investment that really matters, in the playing squad.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would say he has in player and team strengthening and has concentrated on bricks and mortar. Will this continue while he funds and builds the hotel, if so we are in for a few more dismal transfer windows.

This really suprises me as he is a fan and I would have expected him to want success on the field and after The Amex that become a priority.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
If Bournemouth can afford Wilson (£3m), Rantie (£3m), Kermogant, and possibly Murray, all whilst meeting FFP on crowds of 9k, then there has been a royal f*ck up on our operating costs, for us on gates of 20k+ to end up with Leon f*cking Best.

Spot on. Yet many people on here say Barber deserves his extortionate salary. I bet the Bournemouth CEO is on a 6th of what Barber got last year.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Somebody has scored three times at the Amex whilst playing for three different clubs......

Gary Gardner? While playing for Coventry, Brighton and Forest. Although the own goal he scored for us against Forest has officially been given to Lewis Dunk.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Gary Gardner? While playing for Coventry, Brighton and Forest. Although the own goal he scored for us against Forest has officially been given to Lewis Dunk.

Yep, Gary Gardner. I know the Argus has reported that referee Chris Sarginson officially awarded the goal to Dunk, but Dunk admitted he never touched the ball, and replays clearly show the ball deflected in off Gardner.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Has he pulled in the reins? He has invested in an excellent training facility at vast expense, but then we hit the bargain bucket when trying to recruit players, you know, when making the investment that really matters, in the playing squad.

Bricks & mortar don't count in the FFP. The player budget does. This season FFP is 2 million less than last season.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Well this thread is a laugh a minute.
What makes people think Murray would want to come back here? Bar the location what do we have going for us at the moment over the other clubs apparently interested? Throw in the abuse he took both while our player and as an opposition player together with what happened when he left and I would say we wouldn't be top of the list.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yep, Gary Gardner. I know the Argus has reported that referee Chris Sarginson officially awarded the goal to Dunk, but Dunk admitted he never touched the ball, and replays clearly show the ball deflected in off Gardner.

Not exactly true as own goals however scored do not count as goals scored by a player so Murray could be the first in the true sense of the wording. Had you bet on Gardner being the first scorer you wouldnt have been paid out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
and who can blame them ? t'was us a couple of years ag ![/QUOTE

I think they are making a much better job of it than we did. They are going for auto, we were never in with a shout of auto

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ all this moaning about murray and bounemouth bla bla bla...
Good luck to bournemouth as they're a joy to watch and you will notice that when they attack they have 5/6 players in and around the box unlike our 1 player...I know which side I'd rather have thats for sure.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Up until now, I have never wished years of my life away.
But I am absolutely sick and tired of the Murray saga and wish I could fast forward to the day when he has retired from professional football.
I respect Murray, and enjoyed watching the Albion when he led the line.
But that was then and this is now; I don't want him to return although I wish him well; it would be an expensive mistake. He is our past and we must look to the future and find the players who can make that future successful.

STOP the Murray fetish! MOVE ON!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here