Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you RENEW your season ticket ?

Will you renew your season ticket ?

• Total voters

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Yep on the basis of either decision. I don't want to be paying £34 a game when we've motored to the top of league one and are humping teams week in week out.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
On the assumption that I don't decide to go find work in Germany, then I will be - but I'll be looking for a seat change again. Every 2 years I plan to move, experience a new part of the ground and get a different perspective on the match. I am thinking either West Upper or North West corner for next season, quite tempted by a more vocal part of the ground.

Again, on the assumption that I don't leave the country, I'd renew whatever league we're in.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm with you as far as the renewing goes, but I'm not looking forward to the spin in the renewal letter. Last winter the club sent out cliché-ridden diatribe on the cheapest available paper with Tony Bloom's signature printed at the bottom and at least one example of smug self-justification per paragraph. Too many people at the club just don't get it.
Agree with criticism of the renewal letter. Bloom should be handwriting each one on Basildon Bond Premium Blend...

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I've managed to get to only 3 games this season because of work. Fortunately I've had a mate that has used my season ticket at cost price on most other occasions, but it's still gone unused for about 4 games.
My situation isn't going to change much next season so I think I won't renew and just cherry pick the games that i can get to.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Its been tough with no happy Saturday at home since August. We desperately need 3 pts this Saturday, for not just the team but our long suffering fans.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
The only game i have come away from the Amex with a real good feeling is the Ipswich game so far this season. I can't even think of any other games where it was even 'enjoyable'.We meet up as a group and have some great banter and if it wasn't for that i wouldn't even consider renewing with the rubbish on offer every other week.

This is what I feel to a large extent, though the appointment of Hughton and dismissal of Burke has made me more optimistic. I kept going throughout the Withdean years because I had built up a group of really good mates, going back to the Falmer marches, and most of us sit together in the North (one or two are in WSU, but they come down for beers in the North afterwards). If it wasn't for the football, I wouldn't see them often at all as bar one or two, they're all in the Brighton/Newhaven area, and I'm in London or north Sussex. I will still renew, even if we do go down, though had Hyypia stayed I would have backed out; in addition to my difficulty in making midweek games, the Millwall match, even though I only saw it on TV, was the last straw. Leaving the Poyet argument aside, I think the appointment of Hyypia (when we are told Hughton nearly got the job) was TB's first really bad decision, and his failure to sack him his second.

Though I definitely do not demand Play Offs each season, I would like to see more ambition in future signings. For me, there was no shame about the two relegations at Withdean (perhaps the board should have made more effort in 2005-2006, but that is stretching the point). If it happens this season, though, the board must take a very large share of the blame. I think there possibly was too much focus on the Academy and on FFP. I see it as being like building a factory or office block. You don't go and spend millions on the main building, along with a training centre for apprentices and then go and rip out and sell the top rank equipment you originally put into it with a load of cheap, lower quality machinery. Otherwise, to continue the "product" parallel, a fair number of your customers will probably take their custom elsewhere.

Last edited:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
how do you know you'll be paying £34
regards
DR

Whatever it is it will be cheaper to carry on having a season ticket.

Or because i'm massively in the know/in bed with the current hierarchy and have been told that even if we go down the masterplan to afford John Stead from Bradford is based solely on the premise of milking the golden teats of fandome by not lowering matchday prices.

Take your pick

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I think the Bournemouth game change hasn't come at the right time for the club, alot of people are wavering or cannot make night games and this might be the final straw for some as it will be cheaper to just pick and choose the games you can get to.

Although if we stay up and were in the top two next season we would lose even more games to TV and if one day we do make the Premier League it will get even worse.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Surely the club must put in some sort of caveat to cover if we get relegated, as for several reasons that might impact the desirability or indeed necessity of a ST for many more fair weather fans and fair enough.

Presuming we stay up though, why not? There are very few clubs in the world where you can buy an ST and not expect to have one poor year in 4, and I'm not sure why so many people think Brighton and Hove Albion deserve to be one of them.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I just want someone from the top tier of the club to apologise for their mistakes this year.

In short our season ticket money has been pissed up the wall this season.

That said I will be renewing next season and I suspect every season until I drop.

TB

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
never crossed my mind not to, one dodgy season is not a reason to not renew, thats football i am afraid

If people are not renewing because of cost or work then fair enough.

Any other excuse is not acceptable

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
How about I don`t want to go......why is that not acceptable....

Yep, why is bored beyond belief not an option - with the supporting caveat of 'having a life beyond football' ?!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My brother in law probably won't but I probably will.

Presumably Tony's seat will become available, so there will be newbies probably either side...or empty seats.

It's only really seeing people around us that draws me to go week after week now. Football is superfluous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here