Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you RENEW your season ticket ?

Will you renew your season ticket ?

• Total voters

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Haven't decided yet, don't think my dad is renewing due to the amount of games moved for tv, he can't do Friday's or Saturday other than 3pm and Tuesday's is his darts night which he doesn't like missing

I might just pick and choose games next year as there will be no problems getting tickets

el punal

Yes, I will be renewing. Why because this is my football club. Why again, because my season ticket (for WSU) works out at about £23 per game - that's reasonable. Why again also, because I love the whole experience of being able to go to nearly every game, something that was not possible a few years back. And . . . why, finally, we could,very soon be eating at the top table - and I'm not missing out on that!

I guess due to the direct debits that there must be a date soon so that the debits roll on for the next season or people can cancel them so waiting to see if we're safe is not an option as I can't see us being safe if at all until the last few games

Think they're trying to work out how to word the west and east uppers being closed if we go down.

Jan 30, 2008
No he's not! He quite reasonably points out there are, like me, a bunch of us who greet each other (as friends) each game. Who, if we didn't attend probably wouldn't see again. That seems abundantly obvious to me. ???
call yourself friends ???
More like casual acquaintances, get over yourself:rolleyes:
regards
DR

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Heart says yes but my head says no. Heads says. Why should I make an effort of putting my hand in my pocket if the team won't put an effort on the pitch. My heart says UTA. Shhuuudddaaappppp and support your club. Honestly. I'm conflicted. :annoyed::flounce::albion2:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I'm considering not renewing. I've watched about 12-15 games a season, including a few aways, every season bar Gillingham since 1987 - regardless of how well we were doing. The opposition and league we were in mattered somewhat but never much tbh, and still doesn't. I loved turning up on adhoc and standing where I wanted with who I wanted. I can do that nowadays again (sitting obviously) but in my current seat that would be 34 bloody quid a game. Sorry, I'm not prepared to pay that for a football match and nor is anyone I know. Before the Amex I never had a season ticket. Had one since the Amex opened sitting with two friends, we pay £25 per game and that is the absolute tops I will pay. When one of us can't make it or chooses not to go then we've always sold a ticket to someone we know but this is now becoming increasingly difficult. Also, maybe i'm a bad fan, but it's becoming a bit mundane, and I'd like to return to the 12-15 games a season thing i used to do. I love the Albion I really do, I will always watch them, but there are other things in life.

So, I will renew a/ if we move our seats to the Upper West as it's cheaper b/ if the season ticket price for my current seat in lower west goes down (not if it freezes or goes up). c/ the club massively reduce the cost of day tickets (I really think they should consider this). Sadly, it's the price of football that may drive me away (it's poor value for money in today's world).

Additionally, I may renew partly because I feel that it's at this time the club really needs us again - or things financially could maybe go really tits up if fans leave by their droves and/or we go down. Tony Bloom is a very rich man but he may not be rich enough.

So, I think I've talked myself around - I will probably renew and hope I can sell 8-10 tickets next season to friends and family daytripper/casual fans. If that proves difficult then i wouldn't renew after that. The danger is if i don't renew then I may not buy many single tickets as they are too expensive!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Yes, I will be renewing. Why because this is my football club. Why again, because my season ticket (for WSU) works out at about £23 per game - that's reasonable. Why again also, because I love the whole experience of being able to go to nearly every game, something that was not possible a few years back. And . . . why, finally, we could,very soon be eating at the top table - and I'm not missing out on that!

I'd honestly be quite happy to miss out at the top table. As far as I can see the premier league, or whatever it is called these days, is for armchair supporters.

If the club was a little more interested in keeping in touch with its soul and managed the tripe spewing from the Barber/PR team I may renew my 4 tickets but I'm really wobbling at present. The way the club now is has made me love it quite a bit less than before and the experience suffers as a result I'm afraid.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Enjoying the posts suggesting they'll possibly be a price freeze. There won't be. Pretty sure Barber has already said there will be a price increase.

There was a price freeze for kids tickets last year. Barber or the club has made no comment on ST prices for this year yet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm loving how this mythic 64% is starting to seep into FACT, across NSC.

As if 400 people, containing a fair few axe grinders and palace fans, are a fair representation of the 22,000 season ticket holders.

As if 400 people, containing a fair few axe grinders and palace fans, are a fair representation of the 22,000 season ticket holders.

Could you point out the Palace fans please, I can't seem to see one.

And if you don't think that NSC contains a broad spectrum of fans then you really need to take those blinkers off.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
There will be a number of reasons why people don't renew and yes, the quality of the football will be up there among them. We needn't criticise these people - let's be grateful that they have given the club their money and support over the past few years.

The underlying point is that four years ago the Albion's season ticket holder base more or less quadrupled. An astonishing achievement but the club needs to be careful. we can argue about the exact percentages but it's certain that more than half of the club's 'account customers' are by definition less committed to the cause than their equivalents at other clubs. They just haven't been around as long. They may have looked out for the club's results for years, but watching a bad team lose on a Tuesday evening is something new for them.

It was a key task of the club, led by its senior management and marketing team, to nurture this unusually fragile supporter base so that when things turn bad, as they always will, for every club, the effect on attendances is kept down.

They haven't done this. Far from making us feel that we're all in this together, they have achieved the opposite. As some on this thread suggest, too many supporters now feel disconnected from the club. The tone of its communications is poor, the culture seems to be more like Chelsea than Everton. Whether this has anything to do with the fact that every single director appointed by the present chairman is a money man I don't know. Whether it's relevant that the chief executive has no experience of the life and soul of a provincial English football club and its supporters, well I don't know that either.

What really worries me is that the huge legacy of the immediate past is being squandered. If supporters go it won't be easy to get them back. I just hope that the content and approach of the season ticket renewal letter don't bolster my fears. We shall see.

Good post

Barber is in Horsham tonight and I'm torn whether to go. The question will obviously get raised and I don't know if I could take a contrived, team developed, prepared answer. I've listened to him before talking to "us" as if we were 7 year olds, or just arrived from another planet, and generally shrugged and just thought he was a bit of a wanchor. But the situation we're in at the moment leaves little room for anything less than just fronting up to it and being honest. Problem is I'm not expecting that and I'm not sure if I fancy the outcome of my likely reaction :)

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey

Opinion Polls don't ask everyone but they do give a fair reflection of opinions. Maybe the club should be ask this question and not only NSC.

I'm a maybe depending on division and price, also my main whinge is the lack of entertainment, interesting listening to the Chairman of Saints on South Today and he said that one of the main things is to give the supporters and entertaining brand I think the Albion currently falls short on this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Could you point out the Palace fans please, I can't seem to see one.

And if you don't think that NSC contains a broad spectrum of fans then you really need to take those blinkers off.
I did take the blinkers off v Arsenal as everywhere I looked I saw half and half scarfs, which according to NSC is the work of Satan.

Prior to that I not only thought NSC contains a broad spectrum of fans, but NSC was the only place to obtain the views of a broad spectrum of fans.

If renewals are around 65% then hopefully my NSC faith will be restored, even though the Albion will be closing in on pooh street, paddleless.

I would say nsc has a large amount of zealots alot of the less committed fans don't even know nsc exists ,i would be very concerned with the renewal figures,i think around 5000 will not renew regardless of which league we are playing in and relegation could push another 2000 to jump. Its not looking good folks!:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here