Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Papa johns or dominos

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Don't understand why anyone buys a take away pizza anymore when you can buy a make your own from Tesco or Asda for less than a pint.

indeed for a 12" pizza...

Dough 10p
Tomatoes 40p
Cheese 50p
Toppings 50p to £1

More like half a pint

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Mine come straight from Italy ( or so it says on the box) to Iceland, and then to my freezer. £1.50. Available tip free 24/7.

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
If anyone ever pays the actualy price on the menu for a dominos then they are doing it wrong... there are so many deals about, 50% off, 2 for 1, there's one at the moment where you can get a large pizza and 3 sides for £14.99 (a large pizza by itself is normally ~£17 anyway). There's always some way to get a deal.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If anyone ever pays the actualy price on the menu for a dominos then they are doing it wrong... there are so many deals about, 50% off, 2 for 1, there's one at the moment where you can get a large pizza and 3 sides for £14.99 (a large pizza by itself is normally ~£17 anyway). There's always some way to get a deal.

This. I don't have a preference particularly between PJs and Doms but they can be played off against each other. With Dominos there's always an offer on line and once you are registered they will send you "valued customer" offers if you haven't ordered in a while. Meanwhile the new Portslade Papas is just round the corner from me and I can collect a pizza and use vouchers to get the cost well under a tenner to feed the four of us. That said i haven't bothered recently. We've only had one take away since Christmas and that was an Indian last week to eat with the rugby and some ciders. I learned to cook Chinese when I travelled, make ok Thai curries and as other posters have said making your own pizza is simple and fun with kids so we tend to do fake aways.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I prefer Papa John's to Dominos, it tastes better IMHO, they always have good deals on during the week, and it's 2 minutes closer walk from my flat :thumbsup:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Dominos value range pizzas are $4.95 each all day here, if you pick up.
That's £2.49 in your money, big war on between them and Pizza Hut over here.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Answer, neither. Get a breadmaker, make your own dough and end up with a pizza 10 times better than any take-away stodge

This - but use a dough hook on the Kenwood.

Have mastered the skill of spinning the dough to get a thicker crust at the edge but still having problems with a stuffed crust - I don't know what the commercial companies use for this but I've tried all sorts of cheese combinations and it still shrinks when cooked leaving more of a hollow crust rather than a stuffed one.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I know someone who owns his own Pizza place small outfit and he make on average 3-5k profit a week. Good business if I could be bothered to get into it.

make or take?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Dominos - though i switch between whatever has an offer on. Dominos had 50% off last week - so 2 large pizzas for £16 isnt THAT bad,

RE ASDA, think they are shite myself - thats the Pizzas AND what the company are like to work for.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Papa Johns for me. Many moons ago, probably in around 2003, I ordered a vast thin pizza from a Dominos not 100 yards away from home. I collected and returned, more than likely to my bedroom to horde and feast, but that giant doughy patty had more crust than centre. I pretty much had a cheesy 3-inch nucleus, whilst the rest of the 15-incher was a dry and floury disgrace. From that moment on, I trust them no more. Papa Johns haven't let me down.
But, for all of the slapdashness of Pizza Gogo, I still appreciate their Quorn range. So they are probably my faves now.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
£3.50 for a 14 inch from Asda made to your own choice

OK if you live nearby, otherwise its a bus/taxi.. so no saving there!
For any fast food / home delivery, you're paying for the convenience of not having to cook.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Neither. Certainly not the overpriced, tasteless box of spaff dough that is DomiNOs.

If, and it's rarely, I have pizza, thin crust, flash baked from a decent Italian pizzeria. Thank you.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Pizza's from the Station pub in Hove still go a long way to be beaten.

although a mix up of the menu would be good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here